At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Grants and Assistance Programs
Local and state grants and business assistance programs exist to help businesses succeed.
- Mom and Pop Business Grants
- Grant Resources
- Green Your Business
- Micro-Enterprise Assistance & Peer Lending
Mom and Pop Business Grants
Miami-Dade County's Mom and Pop Small Business Grant Program provides financial and technical assistance to qualified for-profit small businesses that are approved for funding. This program has allowed small owned and operated businesses the opportunity to interact with local government under favorable conditions.
- Read about Mom and Pop Business Grants
Starting a business is a complex and time-consuming endeavor. Thankfully there are state, federal and local resources to help entrepreneurs get up and running.
Find Grant Funding
- Miami-Dade County Grant Opportunities Database
- Miami-Dade County Grants Coordination unit
- Miami-Dade County Community Development Block Recovery Funds
- FilMiami Grant Listing
- United States Small Business Association Grant Resources
- Florida Opportunity Fund Clean Energy Investment Program
Green Your Business
Understanding your business' impact on the wider world can open up windows of opportunity. It means taking a responsible attitude, because incorporating good environmental policies in your business can have a positive effect on your bottom line.
- Learn about the Green Business Certification Program
- Find out about showerhead retrofits and toilet rebates for Miami-Dade County hotels and motels
- Read about the Green Lodging Program
Micro-Enterprise Assistance & Peer Lending
This program is designed to assist entrepreneurs in building a strong credit history by borrowing incremental amounts of loan funds, develop stronger business skills, share business ideas and provide support in peer group setting. The program also provides direct loans up to $5,000 and in some cases $25,000 requiring business profitability and credit soundness.
- Maria Coto, Executive Director
Partners for Self Employment, Inc. d/b/a Micro-Business, USA
- Willie Mateo, Senior Director
- William Young, Loan Manager
Black Economic Development Coalitions, Inc. d/b/a Tools For Change
- David Sweet, Project Manager
Miami-Dade County Public Housing and Community Development Department
Additional Incentives and Resources
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.