As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
The Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant has been in operation since 1972. Federal, state and local agencies maintain emergency response programs in place for managing resources and protecting the public in the unlikely event of radiation release from either of the plant's two nuclear reactors. Below is information regarding the plant operations, the testing of safety equipment and planning guides for organizations and residents in the 10-mile radius around the plant.
- Important Safety Information for Neighbors of the Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant
- Preparedness Planning Sheet
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools Evacuation Information (1 MB)
- Special Facility Identification Form
- Radiological Emergency - Planning Guidelines for Special Facilities
- Radiological Emergency Information for Agricultural Interests
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.