Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Starting a business is a complex and time-consuming endeavor. Thankfully there are state, federal, and local resources to help entrepreneurs get up and running.
The following resources from Miami-Dade County, the Office of Grants Coordination, the Small Business Administration (SBA), and other entities will help you network with potential business partners apply for grants and loans, obtain tax information, become a registered vendor or a certified business and more.
- Miami-Dade County Office of Grants Coordination (OGC)
- Miami-Dade County Resources
- Grants for Women Entrepreneurs
- Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
- Resources for Minority Entrepreneurs
- Grants and Other Sources of Funding
- Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
- General Business Resources
- Tax Resources and Business Incentives
Miami-Dade County Office of Grants Coordination (OGC)Back to Top
Miami-Dade County Resources
- Miami-Dade County Department of Procurement Management
- Miami-Dade County Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources
Grants for Women Entrepreneurs
- African Women's Development Fund
- Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting
- Grameen Foundation
- Hadassah Foundation
- Mama Cash
- Ms. Foundation for Women
- State Trade and Export Promotion Grants Pilot
Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs - SCORE resources for women-owned businesses.
- Women's Business Resources - General SBA resources for women entrepreneurs.
- Office of Women's Business Ownership - SBA network of nationwide Women's Business Centers.
- Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Support - Information about SBA's women-owned contract program.
Resources for Minority Entrepreneurs
- 8(a) Business Development Program - U.S. SBA business assistance program for small disadvantaged businesses
- Black Business Investment Fund (BBIF) Florida - A non-traditional lender that specializes in providing loans to black, minority and underserved small businesses
- Florida Department of Management Services - Office of Supplier Diversity - Improves business and economic opportunities for Florida's minority, women, and Florida veteran business enterprises
- Minority Business Development Agency - U.S. Dept. of Commerce agency providing technical assistance and access to capital, contract opportunities and new markets to create new jobs
- Minority Owned Businesses - U.S. SBA resources for minority entrepreneurs
- Native American Owned Businesses - U.S. SBA resources for Native Americans
Grants and Other Sources of Funding
- Accion USA
- Florida First Capital Finance Corporation
- Industrial Development Revenue Bond Financing in Miami-Dade County
- Miami-Dade County Grant Opportunities Portal
- Miami Bayside Foundation - Conventional Loans
- Miami Downtown Development Authority
- Minority Business Development Agency
- South Florida Regional Planning Council - Revolving Loan Fund
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - 7(a) Loan Program
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - 504 Loan Program
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - Research Grants for Small Businesses
- Venture Hive
Small Business Jobs Act of 2010Back to Top
General Business Resources
- The Beacon Council - Miami-Dade County's Official Economic Development Partnership
- Florida Electronic Library - Small Business Resources
- Florida Guide: Licenses & Permits - Links to state resources for obtaining licenses and permits
- Florida Virtual Entrepreneur Center
- Enterprise Florida
- National Entrepreneur Center
- SCORE - A nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship
- U.S. Small Business Administration South Florida District Office
Tax Resources and Business Incentives
- City of Miami Business Incentives
- Employ Florida Marketplace - Offers tax credit assistance
- Film Miami Financial Incentives
- Florida Film & Entertainment Industry Financial Incentive Program
- Miami-Dade County Business Incentives
- Small Businesses and Self-Employed Tax Center - Resources for small business owners and the self-employed (IRS).
- State Tax Agencies - Links to taxation agencies in all 50 states plus Washington, D.C.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.