Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
If a hurricane evacuation is ordered, residents are encouraged to stay with family members or friends in an inland, non-evacuation area.
Hurricane Evacuation Centers will also be opened, but the Centers should only be considered as a last resort. Additionally, Emergency Bus Pick-Up Sites will be activated to provide public transportation to and from designated Hurricane Evacuation Centers.
If you need to evacuate to a shelter, it is important to bring:
- Drinking water
- Prescription and emergency medications (refrigeration is available for these items only)
- Bedding; pillows, blankets
- Personal hygiene items
- Infant and child care, such as formula, diapers, toys, etc.
- Extra clothing
- Cash (in case you are unable to access any immediately after the hurricane)
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Comfort materials such as books, magazines, cards, etc.
Please note: Service animals are permittedBack to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:46:48 AM
Learn more about designated shelter locations and bus pickup points. Click on the image to view the enlarged map.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.