At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Annexation & Incorporation Study
Recognizing that Miami-Dade County could benefit from an independent study of the issues raised by future annexations and incorporations within the unincorporated area, the Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution 1006-13 directing the Mayor to identify one or more universities or a professional consultant to contract with the County to analyze and make recommendations concerning future incorporations and annexations within the unincorporated area.
The Board subsequently adopted Resolution 972-14 authorizing execution of a contract with a professional consultant for completion of the Annexation and Incorporation Study . The Study generally includes the following tasks:
- Conduct a study analyzing proposed annexations and incorporations;
- Develop a plan addressing the remaining unincorporated areas;
- Perform a review of the economic, social and environmental makeup of unincorporated areas to determine whether the County should pursue future annexations and incorporations within the unincorporated areas;
- Evaluate possible alternative governmental structures; and
- Prepare a report summarizing its analyses, proffering recommendations and legislative language required to effectuate the recommended changes.
- Miami-Dade County Home Rule Charter
- Code of Miami-Dade County, Chapter 20 - Municipalities
- BCC Resolution No. R-1005-13 – Resolution directing the mayor or designee to prepare a report that gives a comprehensive accounting of the unincorporated areas that are not included in the boundaries of a municipal advisory committee or a proposed incorporation or annexation
- BCC Resolution No. R-1006-13 - Resolution directing the mayor or designee to identify one or more universities or a professional consultant to contract with the County to analyze and make recommendations concerning future incorporations and annexations within the unincorporated area
- BCC Resolution No. R-186-14 - Resolution directing the mayor or designee to prepare a report and recommendations on several issues related to annexation and incorporation
- BCC Resolution No. R-972-14 - Resolution authorizing execution of an agreement to obtain recommendations concerning future incorporations and annexations within unincorporated areas of Miami-Dade County
- Annexation and Incorporation Task Force
- Analysis of Incorporation and Annexation within the Unincorporated Areas (45.5 MB)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.