At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
About Miami-Dade County: Statistics
- PortMiami, the Cruise Capital of the World, broke the world passenger record in 2015 with 4.9 million multi-day passengers.
- Miami International Airport is the second largest U.S. airport for international passengers (21.2 million in 2015) and first for international freight (1.9 million tons in 2015)
- MIA set a new all-time record for annual passenger traffic with 44 million passengers in 2015, over 125,000 passengers each day
- Fourth largest public school district in the United States (2013)
- Population: 2,693,117 (larger than 15 states!)
- Percentage of population foreign-born: 51.5 percent
- Per capita income: $41,883
- Registered vehicles: 1,981,349
- Electric Customers: 1,008,149 (2008)
- Miami-Dade County Water Customers: 432,315 (2014)
- Miami-Dade County Wastewater Customers: 349,778
- Water Usage: 308 million gallons per day
- Average Annual Temperature: 76 degrees
- Average Annual Low Temperature: 59
- Average Annual High Temperature: 89
- Average Annual Precipitation: 58 inches
- Average Annual Chance of Sunshine: 70 percent
- Average Annual Relative Humidity: 84 percent (morning); 63 percent (afternoon)
- Average Annual Wind Speed: 9 mph
- Elevation: 12 feet
- Two national parks:
- Everglades National Park (521,591 acres)
- Biscayne National Park (181,000 acres)
- Registered Voters: 1,244,187
- Total Housing Units: 1,004,3371
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.