Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
About Miami-Dade County: History
- Cruise ship capital of the world; 4.1 million passengers in 2010
- Miami International Airport is the second largest U.S. airport for international passengers (16.9 million in 2010) and first for international freight (1.7 million tons)
- The airport accommodates about 100,000 passengers each day and more than 35 million annually
- Fourth largest public school district in the United States
- Population: 2,563,885
- Percentage of population foreign-born: 49.7 percent
- Average annual wage: $45,230
- Registered vehicles: 1,012,724
- Electric Customers: 518,406 (including 43,882 Commercial)
- Miami-Dade County Water Customers: 420,367
- Miami-Dade County Wastewater Customers: 338,368
- Water Usage: 313 million gallons per day
- Average Annual Temperature: 76.7 degrees
- Average Annual Low Temperature: 69.1
- Average Annual High Temperature: 84.2
- Average Annual Precipitation: 58.53 inches
- Average Annual Chance of Sunshine: 70 percent
- Average Annual Relative Humidity: 83 percent (morning); 61 percent (afternoon)
- Average Annual Wind Speed: 9.2 mph
- Elevation: 12 feet
- Two national parks:
- Everglades National Park (521,591 acres)
- Biscayne National Park (181,000 acres)
- Registered Voters: 1.2 million
- Total Housing Units: 979,111
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.