Crandon Nature Center
|Address||6767 Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, FL|
|Phone Number||305-361-6767 ext. 112
|Hours of Operation||Monday - Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Open Holidays, except Thanksgiving, Christmas
Day and New Years Day
|Amenities and Facilities||
Crandon Park Visitors & Nature Center is located on the breathtaking barrier island of Key Biscayne, with the Atlantic Ocean on the east side and Biscayne Bay to the west. Visitors to the park can explore the various ecosystems of the Key including the dunes, mangroves, and coastal hammock and seagrass beds; and observe herons, ospreys and many brilliantly colored butterflies. The Island of Key Biscayne is also home to rare and beautiful plants like the beach peanut, Biscayne prickly ash and the coontie.
The beautiful sandy beach, coastal dunes and tropical hardwood hammocks are an important nesting and feeding ground for migrating songbirds, hawks and sea turtles. Seagrass beds provide a home for mangrove snapper, parrotfish, crabs, shrimp, sea stars and puffer fish.
The Bear Cut Preserve located in Crandon Park is a designated natural Environment Study Area, and serves as a window to the wilderness that was once South Florida. Miami-Dade Parks' naturalists guide visitors through the Preserve to explore the hammock, ocean and beach communities and see the amazing animals and plants that inhabit South Florida.
- EcoAdventures tours offered
- Contains Nature Center and Self - Guided Nature Trails, a mangrove boardwalk to a fossilized reef overlook
- Kayak Rentals at the Kayak Concession
- Snorkel Gear Rentals at the Kayak Concession
- Guided tram tours of Bear Cut Preserve
- Bird and butterfly walks, historical nature walks through the Bear Cut Preserve
- Offering a wide variety of field trip opportunities (Onsite and offsite programs)
- Cabana and Shelter Rentals available through the park office
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.