Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Green-it-Up Summer Camps
Camp will be held June 9 - August 15, 2014, Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., at 31 Miami-Dade park locations and offer 7:30 a.m. early drop-off and 6:00 p.m. late pick-up options.
Kids will enjoy fun, fully-supervised programming after school with activities focused on fitness, nutrition and wellness, and developing their appreciation of nature, science and the cultural arts. Each day's session begins with homework help, during the school year, and is followed by Sports, Play and Active Recreation for Kids (SPARK) activities.
- Price: $40 - $90 per week. Camps for children with disabilities are FREE. Transportation available for an additional charge. Qualifying families can receive financial aid, including full scholarships, but must register and apply for assistance in person at their selected park.
Camps are inclusive so children with disabilities may attend general camps. Specialized camps exclusively for children with disabilities are also available and are managed by Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists. There are also Specialized Camps which focus on a specific interest and offer unique experiences that include EcoAdventuresTM, Nature-Science, Sports, Cultural Arts, and Zoo Miami camps.
Specialized Camps also include Learn-to-Swim programs are also offered at all Miami-Dade County public pools, which are taught by American Red Cross certified water-safety instructors. Specialized Camps are competitively priced, ranging from $100 – $255 per week.
- For more information call 3-1-1.
Miami-Dade County Parks' Fit2Play Summer Camps
Don’t let your kids stay home watching TV and playing video games all summer. Miami-Dade County Parks' Fit2Play Summer Camps encourages kids to stay active and fit all summer long.
Miami-Dade Parks General Camps
The cost for these camps is $40 – $90/week, depending on the program, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
Morning Mile Program
The Morning Mile Program, sponsored by AvMed and developed by Fitzness International, encourages children to incorporate physical fitness into their daily routine. At Miami-Dade Parks’ Fit2Play General Camps, campers begin their day with a walk, jog, or run. For every five miles logged, they receive a lanyard and collectible charm.
Miami-Dade Parks Specialized Camps
Zoofari Summer Camp at Zoo Miami (Ages 4-13)
Held June 16 – August 8, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with extended care available. Please note that availability per age group varies per week. Adventures include live animal presentations, craft projects, zookeeper talks, wildlife enrichment activities, visits to exhibits, recreational games, and more!
- Cost: $175/week for Zoological Society of Florida (ZSF) members and $195/week for non-members. Pre-registration is required.
EcoAdventures™ Nature Adventure Camps for Children and Teens
Campers will explore the South Florida environment through a variety of fun activities in a safe park environment ranging from nature hikes, canoeing/kayaking (age 9 and older), swimming (guarded pools), playing interactive nature games and more!
- Camps will be held June 9 - Aug. 15, hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, and offer 7:30 a.m. early drop-offs and 6:00 p.m. late pick-up options.
Sense of Wonder Nature Center at A.D. Barnes Park
Nature Detectives (Ages 6 – 8)/Nature Explorers (Ages 9-14)
- The cost is $115/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 305-662-4124.
Camp on the Sea (Ages 12 – 17)
Marine science, South Florida ecology, and aquatic adventures are the focus of this unique camp. Campers will explore the coastal waters and off-shore coral reefs through snorkeling, kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding activities. Participants must be able to pass a mandatory swim test.
- The cost is $175/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. The excursion will launch from various locations. For more information, call 305-662-4124.
Fishing Camp (Freshwater) at Tropical Park (Ages 9 – 15)
Developed in partnership with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, this camp is designed for kids who love fresh water fishing and want to improve their fishing skills. They’ll learn about fish biology and get fishing tips and instruction in safe boating skills.
- The camp is held July 22-August 16 at the Lake-side Pavilion in Tropical Park. The cost is $145/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 305-662-4124.
Camp Manatee at Greynolds Park (Ages 6-14)
The cost is $115/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 305-944-6111
Deering Estate at Cutler Summer Camps
June 9 – August 15
Eco Explorers (Ages 6 – 8)
Expedition Deering (Ages 9 – 14)
Campers will enjoy the Deering Estate at Cutler as a base camp for exploring South Florida habitats. Weekly themed camps consists of three field trips and two days of nature-based learning with plenty of adventures ranging from hiking and biking to eco-art projects; plus water related activities like kayaking, canoeing and snorkeling for ages 9-14. Eco-Explorers will participate in similar activities with the exception of kayaking, canoeing, and snorkeling ages 6-8.
- Eco-Explorers - Cost $125/five-day session, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. Camps run Monday – Friday, from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, with late pickup running until 6:00 pm for an additional $10/day.
- Expedition Deering - Cost: $188/five-day session, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. Camps run Monday – Friday, from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, with late pickup running until 6:00 pm for an additional $10/day.
For more information, please call the Deering Estate Ticket Office at 305-235-1668 ext. 233.
Ten, five-day sessions are available. Each session features a different exciting theme!
- Session 1: June 9-13, 2014, "Slip into Summer"
- Session 2: June 16-20, 2014, "Ocean Outroar"
- Session 3: June 23-27, 2014, "Animalistic: Tracking & Foraging"
- Session 4: June 30 - July 3, 2014 (no camp on July 4), "Time Travelers"
- Session 5: July 7-11, 2014, "South Florida Survivor"
- Session 6: July 14-18, 2014, "Science LAByrinth"
- Session 7: July 21-25, 2014, "Inside Out"
- Session 8: July 28 - August 1, 2014, "Wild Journey"
- Session 9: August 4-8, 2014, "Climate Chaos"
- Session 10: August 11-15, 2014, "Back to School Bash"
June 9 - August 15
Junior Golf Camp at the Country Club of Miami (Ages 8 – 15)
Resident instructor and PGA Professional, Larry Levow, has been featured on the Golf Channel and has taught golfers of all levels including PGA Tour players.
- Camp is held Monday – Friday and is offered in full-day (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) and half-day (9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) sessions. The cost is $255/week for full-day sessions and $175/week for half-day sessions. Includes instruction, golf clubs, practice balls, and short course play. Students must provide their own lunch. For more information call 305-828-8456, ext. 249 / cell: 561-702-9202,.
June 9 - August 15
(Girls Empowerment and Mentoring) Summer Arts Camp for Girls at the Women’s Park (Ages 11 – 16)
Raices Summer Arts/Science Camp for Girls – “GEM Little Sisters” at Miller Drive Park (Ages 6-10)
These camps focus on the role of women in the development of our community, the arts and science. Participants will enjoy classes and workshops in the visual and performing arts, journalism, science, and women’s history.
- Camp hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. The cost is $100/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12 (includes early drop-off at 7:30 a.m. / late pick-up until 6:00 p.m.) For more information, call 305-271-0812 or 305-480-1717.
Learn-to-Swim Programs and Pools
Miami-Dade County Parks ‘Learn-to-Swim’ classes are taught by certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. ‘Learn-to-Swim’ classes include Parent and Tot (ages 2 - 5), Levels 1-6 (ages 6 –18) and Adults. For more information or to register, contact the pool of your interest.
Miami-Dade County Parks’ pools are open for swimming, fun, exercise programs and ‘Learn-to Swim’ programs. Fees vary for each facility. Pool lifts are available at ALL pools. Call the pool of your choice for more information.
(*) Pool offices at these locations are seasonal.
- A.D. Barnes Pool, 3401 SW 72 Ave., 305-665-1626
- Arcola Pool, 1680 NW 87 St., 305-691-5104*
- Goulds Pool 21805 SW 114 Avenue 305-233-0537
- Gwen Cherry Pool, 7090 NW 22 Ave., 305-691-2439*
- Helen Sands Pool, 16350 SW 280 St., 305-248-1386*
- Little River Pool, 10525 NW 24 Ave., 305-696-7651*
- Naranja Pool,14150 SW 264 St., 305-257-0404*
- Palm Springs North Pool, 7901 NW 176 St., 305-558-3762
- Rockway Pool, 9460 SW 27 Ave., (305) 223-8742
- Sgt. Joseph Delancy Pool, 14375 Boggs Dr., 305-238-5692*
- Tamiami Pool, 11201 SW 24 St., 305-223-7077
- Tropical Estates Pool, 10201 SW 48 St., 305-221-5041*
Miller School Study on Fit2Play
Miller School study found that the “Fit2Play” after-school program offered in many county parks is “highly effective” in improving the health of kids and reducing and preventing childhood obesity and other health risk factors.
Camp leaders are trained recreation professionals, and certified physical fitness and nutrition specialists. With parental permission, registrants may participate in the UHealth Study used to track fitness levels, nutritional needs and progress. Physical fitness assessments include a sit-and-reach test, timed sit-up and push-up test, pacer test, and 400-meter run.
Under the supervision of Miami-Dade Parks certified therapeutic recreation specialists, registrants with disabilities can choose to participate in groups composed exclusively of kids with disabilities or alongside children without disabilities.
Summer Camp Locations
- Deerwood Bonita Lakes Park
- Devon Aire Park
- Eureka Park
- Eureka Villas Park (OLR)
- Modello Park
- Sgt. Joseph Delancy Park
- South Dade Park (OLR)
- Southridge Park
- West Perrine Park
- Wild Lime Park
- Bird Lakes Park (OLR),
- Continental Park (OLR)
- Kendale Lakes Park
- North Trail Park
- Rockway Park
- Ron Ehmann Park (OLR)
- Ruben Dario Park
- Tamiami Park
- Tropical Park
- Westwind Lakes Park (OLR)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.