26th Annual in the Company of Women Awards Ceremony
Twelve leading ladies take center stage during the 26th Annual In the Company of Women Awards Ceremony, presented by Macy's on March 13, 2014, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., at the Coral Gables Country Club, 990 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables, FL.
Stars in their own right in 12 categories from fields ranging from Arts & Entertainment to Sports & Athletics, these outstanding women will be honored for their contributions to the Miami-Dade County community.
In the Company of Women takes place each year in March during Women's History Month and is hosted by the Miami-Dade Commission for Women, the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade, and the Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department.
The event begins with a cocktail reception and silent auction from 6 - 7:30 p.m., followed by the awards ceremony. Tickets are $60, $65 at the door.
- Mayor's Pioneer Award - Linda Robinson, Broker-Realtor, Keller Williams Realty
- Community Spirit - Marcia Fernandez-Morin, Miami-Dade Aviation Department
- Posthumous Award - Thelma Hardison, Constable, Third District of Florida
- Arts & Entertainment - Valerie Riles, Vice-President of Board and Government Relations, Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
- Business & Economics - Wendy Kallergis, President/CEO, the Greater Miami and the Beaches Hotel Association
- Communications & Literature - Jacqueline Menendez, Vice-President of University Communications, University of Miami
- Education & Research - Judy Brown, Senior Vice-President of Education, Miami Science Museum.
- Government & Law (Elected) - Honorable Migna Sanchez-Llorens, Circuit Court Judge.
- Government & Law (Non-Elected) - Alyce Robertson, Executive Director, Miami Downtown Development Authority
- Health & Human Services - Nilda Peragallo Montano, DrPH, RN, FAAN, Dean, University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Services.
- Science & Technology - Marie-Elsie Dowell, PE, PTOE, Vice-President of Traffic Engineering & Operations, Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc.
- Sports & Athletics - Angela Smith, Director of Community Outreach, Miami Marlins.
2013 in the Company of Women Silver Jubilee
On Thursday, March 7, 2013, In the Company of Women, presented by Macy's and Enterprise Holdings, celebrated its Silver Jubilee at the newly renovated Rusty Pelican in Key Biscayne, FL.
The annual event, hosted by Miami-Dade Parks, The Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade, and the Miami-Dade Commission for Women, continued its legacy by honoring 14 women who exemplified Professional Development, Community Responsibility, Leadership and Vision, Contribution to Women's Progress, and Promotion of Pluralism.
In the Company of Women was created in 1989 as a way to unite the diverse population of Miami-Dade County by recognizing outstanding women who have impacted our community in a positive way. Winners are from many professions including government and politics, law, health, education, the arts, sports, business, journalism and the social sciences.
This popular and prestigious event serves as part of Women's History Month, observed annually in March. The event has received recognition from the National Association of Counties and the Southern Region of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission.
In the Company of Women is part of the programming presented by Miami-Dade Parks' Women's Park. Officially dedicated in 1992, The Women's Park honors all women in Miami-Dade County in recognition of their diverse contributions to improving our community's quality of life. In 2000, the Roxcy O'Neal Bolton Women's History Gallery was built to serve as a resource center.
One of the Park's seminal programs is the Girls Empowerment and Mentoring (G.E.M.) Summer Camp Program. Proceeds from In the Company of Women provide support to more than 50 girls between the ages of 11 to 16 registered annually in the G.E.M. Program with projects, workshops and mentoring opportunities to build self-esteem, strengthen their connection to the community, and provide quality arts experiences.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.