Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Celebrate Women's History Month at the 28th Annual In the Company of Women Awards Ceremony, presented by Macy's, on Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 6 p.m., at the Coral Gables Country Club, 990 Alhambra Circle., Coral Gables, FL.
Hosted by the Miami-Dade Commission for Women, The Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade, and Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation & Open Spaces, this annual reception and awards ceremony honors outstanding women leaders in 12 categories, including the Mayor's Pioneer Award and the Community Spirit award, for their contributions to the Miami-Dade County community.
Tickets to the awards ceremony are on sale now. Individual tickets are $60, $65 at the door.
2016 Winners and Awards Ceremony
- Mayor's Pioneer Award — Maria I. Nardi, Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces
- Community Spirit — Patricia Robbins, Farm Share
- Posthumous Award – Sophie Baltic Herter, attorney, financial advisor, and real estate broker
- Arts & Entertainment – Lourdes Lopez, Miami City Ballet
- Business & Economics — Tanya Ferreiro, Kaufman Rossin
- Communications & Literature — Mayte Padron Cordones, WPLG-Channel 10
- Education & Research — Karen A. Tynes, Miami Herald Media Company
- Government & Law (Elected) — Honorable Lisa C. Davis, Councilwoman, City of Miami Gardens
- Government & Law (Non-Elected) — Abigail Price-Williams, Miami-Dade County Attorney's Office
- Health & Human Services — Lillian Rivera, Ph.D., Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County
- Science & Technology — Dr. Helena Solo-Gabriele, University of Miami
- Sports & Athletics — Jill Ellis, head coach, United States Women's National Soccer Team
In the Company of Women is made possible with the support of generous sponsors, including Macy's, the Miami-Dade Commission for Women, Coconut Grove Bank, Miami-Dade County Vice Chairman Esteban Bovo, Jr., Miami-Dade County Commissioner Bruno A. Barreiro, District 5, and Miami-Dade County Commissioner Sally A. Heyman, District 4.
Download the sponsorship package to see how your company can be a sponsor. For more information, call 305-755-7804.
In the Company of Women was created in 1989 as a way to unite the diverse population of Miami-Dade County by recognizing outstanding women who have impacted our community in a positive way. Winners are from many professions including government and politics, law, health, education, the arts, sports, business, journalism and the social sciences.
This popular and prestigious event serves as part of Women's History Month, observed annually in March. The event has received recognition from the National Association of Counties and the Southern Region of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission.
In the Company of Women is part of the programming presented by Miami-Dade Parks' Women's Park. Officially dedicated in 1992, The Women's Park honors all women in Miami-Dade County in recognition of their diverse contributions to improving our community's quality of life. In 2000, the Roxcy O'Neal Bolton Women's History Gallery was built to serve as a resource center.
One of the Park's seminal programs is the Girls Empowerment and Mentoring (G.E.M.) Summer Camp Program. Proceeds from In the Company of Women provide support to more than 50 girls between the ages of 11 to 16 registered annually in the G.E.M. Program with projects, workshops and mentoring opportunities to build self-esteem, strengthen their connection to the community, and provide quality arts experiences.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.