Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.


Who can File a Complaint

Anyone who feels they have been discriminated against on the basis of disability by Miami-Dade County in the provision of a County program, service or activity has the right to file a complaint. Contact the ADA Coordinator for the department providing the program, service or activity. The County will work with the individual to resolve the complaint on an informal level. If that is not possible, the individual may file a formal ADA grievance as per the County’s ADA Grievance Procedure.


How to File a Complaint

The County’s ADA Grievance Procedure is the mechanism by which individuals may file complaints of disability discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The Internal Service Department, ADA Office, 111 NW 1st Street, 24th Floor, serves as the conduit between the grievant and the department against whom the grievance is made. Formal ADA grievances can be submitted online to the ISD ADA Office, or in writing by mail. The ISD ADA Office will assist anyone who needs help in completing the form.
This ADA Grievance Procedure does not apply to complaints of employment discrimination. Those are handled by the Office of Human Rights and Fair Employment Practices, located at 111 NW 1st Street, 22nd Floor, Miami, FL 33128.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34:13 AM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.