At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Class VI Permit
The Class VI Permit is needed for construction of drainage systems to be installed in non-residential projects.
The Class VI permit is needed to protect the environment from potential environmental hazards generated as by-products of non-residential projects.
Before you start work,
- Zoning approval from a local municipality or Miami-Dade County (if you are in unincorporated Miami-Dade) is required prior to construction activity.
- Depending on the features of each project, a Class IV permit may be required.
There may be instances when a permit that is not listed here is required. We encourage you to call 305-372-6681 to discuss your particular case or to receive additional information.
- It takes approximately 30 days to process the Class VI Permit.
- The Class VI Permit fees are listed in the Fee Schedule.
- The Class VI Permit is valid for one year and it is renewable.
- Those requiring a time extension for a Class VI (or Class II, Class III, Class V) permit need to submit the Time Extension Application 30 days before the permit expires.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.