As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Industrial Facilities (IW-O) Permit
The Industrial Facilities (IW-O) permit is used to regulate facilities that store, handle, use or generate hazardous materials or hazardous waste throughout Miami-Dade County. The permit provides operating conditions and requirements as well as guidance for the operators.
It is necessary to protect both the public and the environment from the consequences of improper storage, generation, disposal or handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
How to apply
Issuance of the permit is subject to the following:
- If applicable, obtain approval for any construction plans required as part of the Environmental Plan Review process.
- Completion and submittal of the Industrial Facilities (IW-O) permit application, which includes payment of the applicable Annual Operating Permit fee.
- Depending on the location of the facility to be permitted, one of the following must be secured:
- Valid Certificate of Use, or approved Certificate of Use application, if the facility is located in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, or;
- A municipal Occupational License or Certificate of Use, or either approved application, if the facility is located in a municipality.
It is suggested that other municipal, County, state and federal agencies also be consulted to determine which additional permits must be obtained.
An IW-O Notification of Ownership or Corporate Name Change form is required if applicable.
The above notification requirements are specific to the IW-O program; additional documentation may be required by other applicable permitting programs.
Applicable fees include Environmental Plan Review fees and Annual Operating Permit fees. The Annual Operating Permit fees are based on the type of facility and factors such as holding tank capacity, volume of industrial discharges and whether the facility discharges to the ground or sanitary sewers. For more information, please see the Fee Schedule.
This permit is generally valid for one year. The permit cycle is as follows:
IW2, 3, or 4 (IW-0) June 1 though May 31
For more information
For more information regarding the construction and operation of a new facility subject to IW-O program requirements, call the Environmental Plan Review Section at 786-315-2800. For all other inquiries, including operating permit renewal questions, call the Permitting Section at 305-372-6600.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.