Industrial Facilities (IW-P) Permit
The Industrial Waste Pretreatment (IW-P) program, run in conjunction with the County, oversees facilities whose operations result in discharges of industrial wastes to County wastewater treatment plants via sanitary sewer collection systems, which are subject to federal pretreatment regulations and County sanitary sewer discharge limitations and pretreatment standards.
How to Apply
- If applicable, obtain approval for any construction plans required as part of the Environmental Plan Review process.
- Completion and submittal of the IW-P Operating Permit Application Package for New Sources and payment of the applicable Annual Operating Permit fee.
- Depending on the location of the facility to be permitted, one of the following must be secured:
- Valid Certificate of Use, or approved Certificate of Use application, if the facility is located in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, or;
- A municipal Occupational License or Certificate of Use, or either approved application, if the facility is located in a municipality.
Read about applying for a modification of existing IW-P permitted facilities.
An IW-P Notification of Ownership or Corporate Name Change form is required if applicable.
The above notification requirements are specific to the IW-O program; additional documentation may be required by other applicable permitting programs.
Applicable fees include Environmental Plan Review fees and Annual Operating Permit fees. Annual Operating Permit fees are based on the maximum permitted daily volume of wastewater discharged to the sanitary sewer system. For more information, please see the Fee Schedule.
For more information
For more information regarding the construction and operation of a new facility subject to IW-P program requirements, call the Environmental Plan Review Section at 786-315-2800. For all other inquiries, including operating permit renewal questions, call the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department's Permitting Section at 305-372-6600.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.