Private Sanitary Sewer Operating Permit
The Private Sanitary Sewer Operating Permit is for the operation of all privately owned or operated sanitary sewer systems within Miami-Dade County.
The Private Sanitary Sewer Operating Permit is necessary because it is the mechanism in which Miami-Dade County monitors and regulates all privately owned or operated sanitary sewers within Miami-Dade County. By implementing this program, compliance and proper operation of the private sewer system can be ensured.
How to Apply
- For new private sanitary sewer collections, a Permit to Construct a Domestic Wastewater Collection/Transmission System (aka Sewer Extension Permit) is required.
- For existing private sanitary sewer collections, no other permit is required.
- A Notification of Ownership or Corporate Name Change form is required if applicable.
However, depending on the type of facility, there may be other permits required for construction and/or installation of a pretreatment system. You must contact Environmental Plan Review at 786-315-2800 for additional information prior to construction.
A properly completed permit application can be processed immediately. A complete application consists of the Permit Application Form, the Annual Report Form and the corresponding permit fee.
The permit fee depends on the total length and pipe sizes of the private sanitary sewer collection system and the number of private pump stations within the property. Please see the Fee Schedule.
The permit is valid for one year.
For more information
- Regarding new PSO Permit Applications and equipment modifications of existing PSO permitted facilities, please contact Oscar Aguirre at 786-315-2800.
- Regarding bill renewals and changes of ownership for existing PSO permitted sources, please contact Marcelo Barros at 305-372-6600
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.