Short Term Events - Special Requirements for Christmas Trees
- Christmas tree sales can only be conducted on properties zoned BU (Business District).
- Application for the building permit must be submitted at least fourteen days prior to the date the Christmas tree sales will commence.
- Written approval from Miami-Dade Health Department at 1725 NW 167th Street, 305-623-3500.
- Executed agreement between the property owner and the Christmas tree retailer, giving permission to use the property for the sale of Christmas trees and the dates of operation.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department (MDFR)
- Minimum head room 7'6"
- The following must be provided in order to comply with the Florida Fire Prevention Code:
- Provide one ABC type "2A” fire extinguisher for each 400 sq. ft., where mounted top of the extinguisher does not exceed five feet above floor. After the first 1,200 sq. ft. (three extinguishers), provide one additional extinguisher for each 1,000 sq. ft.
- Minimum aisle width with seating 44". Aisles serving areas other than seating shall not be less than five feet wide and the number of such aisles shall be at the discretion of the authority having jurisdiction.
- No parking within 20 feet except upon a public street.
- "No Smoking" signs
- Provide flame spread (class A) affidavit of affirmation for membrane structures.
- There shall be a minimum of 12 feet between stake lines (multiple tents).
- No unauthorized open flames permitted in tents.
- Heating devices must comply with NFPA 102, and the authority having jurisdiction.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.