Last Visited »
As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Short Term Events - Special Requirements for Christmas Trees
- Christmas tree sales can only be conducted on properties zoned BU (Business District).
- Application for the building permit must be submitted at least fourteen days prior to the date the Christmas tree sales will commence.
- Written approval from Miami-Dade Health Department at 1725 NW 167th Street, 305-623-3500.
- Executed agreement between the property owner and the Christmas tree retailer, giving permission to use the property for the sale of Christmas trees and the dates of operation.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department (MDFR)
- The following must be provided in order to comply with the Florida Fire Prevention Code:
- Fire Extinguishers in accordance with NFPA 10 shall be provided.
- Certificate of Fire Resistance identifying tents meets NFPA 701 standards must be submitted for each tent.
- No parking within 10 feet except upon a public street.
- "No Smoking" signs.
- There shall be a minimum of 12 feet between stake lines (multiple tents).
- No unauthorized open flames permitted in tents.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.