At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Short Term Events - Special Requirements for Tent Sales of Sparklers
- Sparkler sales can only be conducted on property zoned BU (Business District).
- Applications for the building permit must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the date the sparkler sales will commence.
- Site drawing identifying parking spaces.
- Written approval from Miami-Dade Health Department at 1725 NW 167th Street, 305-623-3500.
- Executed agreement between the property owner and the sparkler retailer, giving permission to use the property for the sale of sparklers and the dates of operation.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department (MDFR)
- Application is to include a copy of the Certificate of Registration available from State Fire Marshal 850-413-3623.
- Copy of the company owner's Florida Driver's License.
- Site drawing identifying proximity of all buildings, other structures and streets and indicating location and type of fire extinguishers.
- Provide dates and hours of operation.
- Provide a minimum of two approved fire extinguishers rated 2A10BC to be readily visible and placed near exits.
Travel distance to extinguishers is not to exceed 75 feet.
- Provide at least one pressurized water type fire extinguisher in addition to required ABC type.
- There shall be no smoking in tents, and appropriate "No Smoking" signs shall be displayed conspicuously.
- Sparklers shall be sold in packages or zip locked or tied polyethylene bags.
- Sales from motor vehicles are prohibited.
- Sparklers shall not be stored, sold or dispensed in any manner where combustibles or flammable materials are dispensed.
- Sparklers shall be stored on skids or pallets a minimum of 4" off the ground to protect the chemical stability of the compounds from moisture.
- All merchandise must be removed from the tent daily unless an approved security system is provided.
- All storage containers shall be labeled "Class C Explosives" or "Explosives 1.4G".
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.