Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
This table lists all of the types of Zoning Urban Center Districts in Miami-Dade County. For each type of zoning district, click on the link to see more information including requirements, setbacks and lot coverage.
Zoning Urban Districts
- AU - Agricultural/Residential 5 Acres gross
- BRCUAD - Bird Road Corridor Urban Area District
- BRDI - Bird Road Design and Industrial District
- BU-1 - Business Districts, neighborhood
- BU-1A - Business Districts, limited
- BU-2 - Business Districts, special
- BU-3 - Business Districts, liberal (wholesale); includes mechanical garage and used car lots.
- CCUAD - Country Club Urban Center District
- CRMUC - Cutler Ridge Metropolitan Urban Center District
- DKUC - Downtown Kendall Urban Center District
- EU-1 - Estates, Single-Family, 1 acre or more in area
- EU-1C - Estates, Single-Family, 21/2 acres or more in area
- EU-2 - Estates, Single-Family, 5 Acres Gross
- EU-M - Estates modified, single-family, minimum lot area 15,000ft2 net
- EU-S - Estate use, suburban Single-family 25,000 ft2 gross
- GCUC - Goulds Community Urban Center District
- GP - Government Property
- GU - Interim District-Uses depend on character of neighborhood, otherwise EU-2 standards apply
- IU-1 - Industrial Districts, light manufacturing
- IU-2 - Industrial Districts, heavy manufacturing
- IU-3 - Industrial Districts, unlimited manufacturing
- IU-C - Industrial District, conditional
- LCUC - Leisure City Community Urban Center District
- MCUCD - Model City Urban Center District
- NCUAD - North Central Urban Area District
- OPD - Office Park District, 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- OUAD - Ojus Urban Area District
- PAD - Planned Area Development, 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- PLMUC - Palmer Lake Metropolitan Urban Center District
- PCUC - Princeton Community Urban Center District
- PECUC - Perrine Community Urban Center District
- RU-1 - Single-family Residential District 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-1(M)(a) - Modified Single-Family Residential District 5,000 ft2 net
- RU-(M)(b) - Modified Single-Family Residential District 6,000 ft2 net
- RU-1Z* - Single-Family Residential, Zero Lot Line 4,500 ft2 net
- RU-2 - Two-family Residential District, 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-3 - Four-unit Apartment District, 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-3B - Bungalow Court District, 10,000 ft2 net
- RU-3M - Minimum Apartment House 12.9 units/net acre
- RU-4 - High Density Apartment House District, 50 units/net acre
- RU-4A - RU-4 or Hotel/Motel District, 23 units/net acre
- RU-4L - Limited Apartment House District, 35.9 units/net acre
- RU-4M - Modified Apartment House District, 35.9 units/net acre
- RU-5 - Semi-professional Office District and Apartments District
- RU-5A - Semi-professional Office District, 10,000 ft2 net
- RU-RH - Rowhouse District, 12 units/net acre
- RU-TH - Townhouse District, 8.5 units/net acre
- TND - Traditional Neighborhood Development District, 40 acres gross minimum. Mixed uses.
- * obsolete
Standard Requirement for:
More Zoning Districts
Miami-Dade Zoning Map
Enter an address or folio number in the GIS map application to find the zoning of a property located in unincorporated Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.