At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
This table lists all of the types of Zoning, Urban Center Districts and Rapid Transit Zones in Miami-Dade County. For each type of zoning district, click on the link to see more information including requirements, setbacks and lot coverage.
Zoning Urban Districts
- GU - Interim District-Uses depend on character of neighborhood, otherwise EU-2 standards apply
- AU - Agricultural/Residential 5 Acres gross
- EU-2 - Estates, Single-Family, 5 Acres Gross
- EU-1C - Estates, Single-Family, 21/2 acres or more in area
- EU-1 - Estates, Single-Family, 1 acre or more in area
- EU-S - Estate use, suburban Single-family 25,000 ft2 gross
- EU-M - Estates modified, single-family, minimum lot area 15,000ft2 net
- RU-1 - Single-family Residential District 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-1Z* - Single-Family Residential, Zero Lot Line 4,500 ft2 net
- RU-1(M)(a) - Modified Single-Family Residential District 5,000 ft2 net
- RU-(M)(b) - Modified Single-Family Residential District 6,000 ft2 net
- RU-2 - Two-family Residential District, 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-TH - Townhouse District, 8.5 units/net acre
- RU-3 - Four-unit Apartment District, 7,500 ft2 net
- RU-3M - Minimum Apartment House 12.9 units/net acre
- RU-3B - Bungalow Court District, 10,000 ft2 net
- RU-4L - Limited Apartment House District, 35.9 units/net acre
- RU-4M - Modified Apartment House District, 35.9 units/net acre
- RU-4 - High Density Apartment House District, 50 units/net acre
- RU-4A - RU-4 or Hotel/Motel District, 23 units/net acre
- PAD - Planned Area Development, 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- RU-5 - Semi-professional Office District and Apartments District
- RU-5A - Semi-professional Office District, 10,000 ft2 net
- OPD - Office Park District, 20 acres minimum. Mixed residential and convenience retail services. Density depends on Master Plan, neighborhood studies and neighborhood development.
- TND - Traditional Neighborhood Development District, 40 acres gross minimum. Mixed uses.
- BU-1 - Business Districts, neighborhood
- BU-1A - Business Districts, limited
- BU-2 - Business Districts, special
- BU-3 - Business Districts, liberal (wholesale); includes mechanical garage and used car lots.
- IU-1 - Industrial Districts, light manufacturing
- IU-2 - Industrial Districts, heavy manufacturing
- IU-3 - Industrial Districts, unlimited manufacturing
- IU-C - Industrial District, conditional
- DKUC - Downtown Kendall Urban Center District
Urban Centers Districts and Areas
- Standard Urban Center District Regulations (4.7 MB)
- Leisure City Community Urban Center Zoning District Regulations (LCUC District) (10.2 MB)
- Model City Urban Center District Regulations (1.4 MB)
- Princeton Community Urban Center Zoning District Regulations (PCUC District) (9.7 MB)
- Perrine Community Urban Center Zoning District Regulations (PECUC District) (5.6 MB)
- Cutler Ridge Metropolitan Urban Center Zoning District Regulations (CRMUC District) (3.6 MB)
- North Central Urban Area District Regulations (5.5 MB)
- Naranja Community Urban Center Zoning District Regulations (NCUC District) (36.13 MB)
- Ojus Urban Area Zoning District Regulations (Final) (OUA District) (1.7 MB)
- Goulds Community Urban Center Zoning District Regulations (GCUC District) (5.6 MB)
- Downtown Kendall Urban Center (DKUC) District (1.5 MB)
- Bird Road Corridor Urban Area District Regulation (4 MB)
- Palmer Lake Metropolitan Urban Center District Regulation (1 MB)
- Country Club Urban Area District Regulations (CCUA District)
Rapid Transit Zones
- South Miami
- Douglas Road
- Coconut Grove
- Government Center
- Culmer/Civic Center
- Allapattah/Santa Clara
- Earlington Heights/Brownsville
- Martin Luther King
- Okeechobee/Yard & Shop
- Test Track
More Zoning Districts
Miami-Dade Zoning Map
Enter an address or folio number in the GIS map application to find the zoning of a property located in unincorporated Miami-Dade County.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.