At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Short Term Events - Special Requirements for Tent Revivals and Carnivals
- Applications for the building permit must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
- A tent revival is permitted on bona fide church premises, on industrial properties and on properties zoned BU-2 or BU-3. A carnival tent is permitted on bona fide school properties.
- Signed waivers of objection from 100% of all property owners within 500 feet or signed waivers of objection from 80% of all property owners or tenants of residential buildings within 1,000 feet of the site proposed for the tent revival, including their addresses and phone numbers.
- A letter from the property owner authorizing the dates.
- Written approval from Miami-Dade Police Department at one of the following locations:
5975 Miami Lakes Drive East, 305-698-1500
9101 NW 25th Street, 305-471-2800
7707 SW 117th Avenue, 305-279-6929
Miami International Airport, 305-876-7373
2950 NW 83rd Street, 305-836-8601
10800 SW 211th Street, 305-378-4300
15665 Biscayne Boulevard, 305-940-9980
- Parking requirements for tent revivals shall be calculated on the basis of one parking space for every 50 sq. ft. of tent area. All such parking spaces must be provided on the subject site.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department (MDFR)
- The following must be provided in order to comply with the Florida Fire Prevention Code:
- Fire extinguishers in accordance with NFPA 10 shall be provided.
- Certificate of Fire Resistance identifing tent meets NFPA 701 standards myst be submitted for each tent.
- Minimum aisle width with seating 44". Aisles serving areas other than seating shall not be less than five feet wide and the number of such aisles shall be at the discretion of the authority having jurisdiction.
- No parking within 10 feet except upon a public street.
- "No Smoking" signs.
- There shall be a minimum of 12 feet between stake lines (multiple tents).
- No unauthorized open flames permitted in tents.
- Fire watch is required for all tents with a capacity of 300 persons or greater. To arrange, please call Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department at 786-331-4800.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.