Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Potable Water Supply Permit
The Potable Water Supply Operating Permit Application regulates the construction and operation of privately operated water supply systems in Miami-Dade County.
The permit is necessary in order to ensure that our water supply is protected in interim systems where public water utilities are not available.
How to Apply
- If applicable, obtain approval for any construction plans required as part of the Environmental Plan Review process.
- Obtain Florida Department of Health approval for drilling and installation of the well. Call the Department of Health at 305-623-3570.
- Completion and submittal of the Potable Water Supply Operating Permit Application form and payment of the applicable Annual Operating Permit fee.
- Depending on the location of the facility to be permitted, one of the following must be secured for commercial operations:
- Valid Certificate of Use, or approved Certificate of Use application, if the facility is located in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, or;
- A municipal Occupational License or Certificate of Use, or either approved application, if the facility is located in a municipality.
Applicable fees include Environmental Plan Review fees and Annual Operating Permit fees. For more information, please see the Fee Schedule.
The permit is generally valid for one year, with the permit cycle starting on March 15.
For more information
For more information regarding the construction and operation of a new facility subject to Potable Water Supply program requirements, call the Environmental Plan Review Section at 786-315-2800. For all other inquiries, including operating permit renewal questions, call the Environmental Permitting Section at 305-372-6600.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.