Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Agricultural Practices Advisory Board
The 13-member Agricultural Practices Advisory Board (APAB) meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. at the John D. Campbell Agricultural Auditorium, located at 18710 SW 288 Street in Homestead.
Established by the Board of County Commissioners on January 17, 1995 (Ordinance No. 95-03), the APAB's purpose is to review regulations or legislation pertaining to agricultural practices in Miami-Dade County, and to provide recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners with regard to such regulations and legislation.
The Board's duties include:
- Evaluating federal, state, regional and local regulations, statutes, ordinances and policies that may impact the County’s agricultural industry
- Providing recommendations to reduce or eliminate duplication between governmental regulatory programs
- Providing recommendations to modify or eliminate language in the Code of Miami-Dade County and/or regulatory activities that have mutually exclusive or contradictory criteria or goals, or regulatory activities that create undue burden or hardship on the agricultural industry
- Providing recommendations to implement or modify provisions from any study or plan that may impact the agricultural industry; and
- Preparing draft language to the Board of County Commissioners to amend relevant sections of the Code of Miami-Dade County.
The Board's 13 members, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, is comprised of the following industries: Florida Avocado Committee, Tropical Fruit Growers of South Florida, Miami-Dade County Chapter of the Florida Nursery Growers and Landscape Association, Dade County Farm Bureau, Ornamental Aquaculture Association of South Florida, Redland Citizens’ Association, Dade AgriCouncil, Homestead-Florida City Chamber of Commerce, Coalition of Florida Farmworker Organizations, South Dade Soil & Water Conservation District, and one At-Large representative.
For more information, call the Planning Division at 375-2835.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Aug 1, 2013 10:32:25 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.