As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR) 2018
Every seven years, the Comprehensive Development Master Plan (CDMP) is reviewed and updated as required per Chapter 163 of the Florida Statutes, a process known as an Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR). The EAR includes an evaluation of the progress the County has made in implementing the goals, objectives, policies, maps and text of the CDMP and also recommends changes.
EAR CDMP Amendment Applications
The following applications have been filed as part of the Evaluation and Appraisal Report. Additional applications will be filed in subsequent CDMP Amendment Cycles.
• SMART Plan Corridors (adopted January 2019)
• Agriculture (May 2019 CDMP Amendment Cycle)
• Urban Development Boundary/Urban Expansion Areas (May 2019 CDMP Amendment Cycle)
• Climate Change – Adaptation (May 2019 CDMP Amendment Cycle)
• Climate Change - Mitigation (May 2019 CDMP Amendment Cycle)
Six town hall workshops were held to discuss the EAR process and obtain feedback.
Read public comments from the workshops.
- June 6 - Kendall Village Center
- June 7 - Ruben Dario Middle School
- June 8 - African Heritage Cultural Arts Center
- June 10 - Norman and Jean Reach ParK
- June 13 - Highland Oaks Park
- June 17 - South Dade Regional Library
View the workshop presentation.
In 2017, a survey was conducted to obtain feedback on key issues to consider as part of the Evaluation and Appraisal Report of the CDMP. Over 1,100 responses were received. View a summary of the survey results.
Miami-Dade County Urban Expansion Area Task Force
The recommendations of the UEA Task Force will inform the County’s review and update of the Comprehensive Development Master Plan (CDMP) known as the Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR), which the County is required by state law to undertake every seven years. Read the UEA Task Force Final Report.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) description of Evaluation and Appraisal requirements
- Miami-Dade County Code - EAR Adoption
Additional details and files will be posted throughout the EAR process. For more information, call 305-375-2835.
For more information on the EAR process, call 305-375-4724 or email [email protected]
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.