The PortMiami-Florida East Coast (FEC) Railway connection offers the fastest access to Southeastern U.S. consumer markets.
PortMiami is an oceanfront port with only 2.5 miles from buoy to dock which reduces pilot costs and improves turn-around times. With FEC Railway offering backhaul opportunities to increase roundtrip efficiencies, the port offers significant opportunities to save money and time.
- 50-foot channel
- On-dock intermodal rail service
- Direct highway access via tunnel
- Foreign Trade Zone 281
- Convenient customs service
- Super Post-Panamax cranes
- Up to 1.5 million sq. ft. of dry and refrigerated
- Warehouse / distribution and transloading space co-located with the FEC intermodal ramp
Phase One of the rail restoration project was completed in October 2013. The scheduled completion of Phase Two is summer 2014, and the final phase is scheduled for completion, making the track fully operational, by the end of 2014. Once complete, PortMiami will have 9,000 feet of track and will be running daily train service.