At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- General Terms and Conditions
- Bid Preparation
- After receiving electronic requisition
- Bid Opening (Cone of Silence still in effect)
- Bid Proposals Evaluated (Cone of silence still in effect)
- Important Bid Requirements
- Bid and Proposal Mistakes
General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions include standard terms and conditions and legislative requirements that apply to all County contracts.Back to Top
User department initiates a request, then:
- researches the market
- develops specifications
- submits electronic requisition to Procurement Management
After receiving electronic requisition
Once the Bid Solicitation is issued, the Cone of Silence goes into effect. The Cone of Silence begins when the bid is advertised and ends when the County Manager or designee issues a written recommendation for award. Potential bidders can not discuss any aspect of a bid that "is on the streets" with County personnel during the Cone of Silence. All communication must be in writing.Back to Top
Bid Opening (Cone of Silence still in effect)
- Bid proposals opened and tallied
- Important bid requirements:
- Bid proposal must be typed or printed in ink.
- Firm's authorized agent must sign bid proposal.
- Completion of Disclosure Affidavits
Bid Proposals Evaluated (Cone of silence still in effect)
Bid must be responsive and responsible.
- Responsive - A bidder who complies with all specifications and terms set forth in the Invitation to Bid (ITB).
- Responsible - A bidder whose reputation, past performance, business and financial capabilities indicates the bidder is capable of satisfying the terms and conditions of the ITB.
Cone of Silence lifted once written recommendation has been made.
What Happens After Award?
- Contracts valued at $250K or more - Recommendation for award received by mail.
- Contracts valued at less than $250K - Contracts are posted on line for three business days.
Important Bid Requirements
- Performance Bond Bid Bond
- Liability Insurance
- Other Requirements as Specified in the Bid
- Manufacturer's Certification
- Licenses/Trade Certificates
- Several Governing Legislations that Pertain to Procurement
Bid and Proposal Mistakes
- Forgetting to sign the offer.
- Submitting the offer to the wrong location.
- Submitting the offer without the title or number on the envelope.
- Overlooking special conditions or specifications of the solicitation.
- Leaving out affidavits and other documentation.
Learn how to avoid these costly mistakes. Call 305-375-5773 now to reserve your space in the next workshop.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri May 15, 2015 3:55:37 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.