Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
The Public Works and Waste Management Department will install Memorial Markers at a cost of $100 each, should the sign be furnished by the requester.
An additional $50 will be charged should the requester also desire the Department to produce the sign.
A check for an appropriate amount payable to the Public Works and Waste Management Department will be required upon approval of the request and prior to the installation of the sign(s).
Request for memorial markers
The requests for memorial markers within Miami-Dade County road right-of-way for arterial and collector roads are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Requests may be made by completing the attached form, which shall be submitted to the Chief, Traffic Engineering Division, Public Works and Waste Management Department, by mail at 111 NW 1 Street, Suite 1510, Miami, Florida 33128-1970, or by email at email@example.com by fax, at 305-372-6064.
A copy of the Accident Report must accompany the application.
- Requests may be made by immediate family members or friends. The requests from friends must accompany approval from the immediate family member of the deceased.
- The requester must submit a petition signed by residents directly fronting both sides of the memorial markers.
- Upon approval or denial of the request, the PWWM will advise the requester. The memorial markers will be permitted to remain for a maximum of one year, unless it becomes necessary to remove them due to construction or maintenance purposes. Applications will not be accepted after one year of date of fatality.
Memorial marker design and installation
- Upon notification that approval has been granted, a check in the appropriate amount, payable to Board of County Commissioners must be mailed to Chief, Traffic Engineering Division, Public Works and Waste Management Department, at the aforementioned address. Upon receipt of the check, the Department will install the requested signs within the following six weeks.
- Memorial markers will not be permitted within the limits of active construction work zones.
- There shall be no activities while the memorial marker is in a place that poses a safety hazard to the public or violates any provisions of Chapter 316, Florida Statutes, concerning stopping, standing, parking or obstruction of traffic on public roads. It is understood, particularly for curb and gutter sections, that the memorial marker may not necessarily be placed at the exact location of the fatality, due to restricted space/right-of-way, property owner complaints, or other constraints. Exact location will be at the discretion and professional opinion of the assigned traffic engineer.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.