Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Counseling & Rehabilitation
- Domestic Violence - The Community Action and Human Services Department provides various services for domestic violence victims and offenders, including counseling, treatment, and early intervention services. It also administers two domestic violence shelters, two transitional housing facilities, and a coordinated victim's assistance center which protects and empowers victims of domestic violence and their dependents.
Family and Youth Programs
- Family and Child Empowerment - Project F.A.C.E. (Family and Child Empowerment) is an intense in-center and home based family oriented intervention, training and advocacy program for children diverted from the juvenile justice system.
- Homeless Offenders - The Homeless Assessment, Referral and Tracking Program (HART) provides assessment and placement to court supervised homeless individuals.
- Homeless Substance Abusers - The Specialized Transitional Opportunity Program (STOP) provides transitional housing for homeless substance abusers.
Substance Abuse Programs
- Substance Abuse Assessments - The Community Action and Human Services department provides substance abuse assessments that include medical and state-mandated evaluations, referral for detoxification, medical clearance and placement into numerous treatment milieus.
- Residential Treatment - Services provided through the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program include but are not limited to individual, group, and family therapy, psychological services, educational and vocational instruction, as well as, other ancillary services.
- Diversion Treatment - The Diversion Treatment Program provides intake and treatment services to offenders referred by the Miami-Dade Drug Court.
- DUI Program - The Correctional Substance abuse Rehabilitation and Aftercare Program (DUI) provides treatment services that include Individual and group counseling, substance abuse educational sessions, self-help groups, and other support services to sentenced offenders.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.