How to Apply
Welcome to the Head Start Program's recruitment page. This is your first step to enrolling your child in a nationally recognized program that stresses the importance of comprehensive child development and early learning for children.
The following items are needed before completing the Head Start/Early Head Start application process:
- Children must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2013, or no more than five (5) years old after September 1, 2013.
- Proof of parent's/legal guardian gross income for the past 12 months or the last calendar year (2012). Documents include a signed Income Form Tax 1040, W-2 forms, pay stubs, pay envelopes, Unemployment Compensation, written statements from employers, or documentation showing current status as recipients of public assistance, Social Security Supplemental Income (SSI), TANF, or Child Support.
- Picture identification of parent(s) / legal guardian - driver's license, state issued picture, employer issued I.D.
- Proof of Miami-Dade County Residency.
- If your child has a diagnosed disability, you must attach the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or the Individualized Family Support Plan or evaluation report (IFSP). Disabled child are eligible for the Head Start Program on or after their third (3rd) birth date.
Note: In order to ensure that your child receives proper care and attention, inform the Head Start staff during registration, if your child has any allergies, special medical or dietary needs, or other areas of concern.
All information returned to the Head Start/Early Head Start Program will be maintained in a confidential manner. Should you have additional questions, please contact us at 786-469-4622.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.