As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) acts as a clearinghouse to provide opportunities for persons 55 years of age and older to use their talents, skills and experiences to enrich the lives of others in meaningful ways. RSVP offers recognition and insurance coverage to everyone enrolled, transportation reimbursement, and meals are provided in some cases. Over 1,000 RSVP volunteers serve in 79 agencies and organizations throughout Miami-Dade County.
Enrolled volunteers are provided with incentives to include accident and personal liability insurance, travel reimbursement and Annual Recognition. A volunteer claiming travel reimbursement must provide a minimum of 48 hours of service within the reporting quarter and the limit for reimbursement is thirty dollars quarterly. Travel reimbursement is .20 per mile.
Volunteers and partnering sites are reflected in the grant’s work plan to provide service in the following areas: Other Education, Community-Based Volunteer Programs, Congregate Meals, Hospital and Clinical Support Services including Rehabilitation and Hospice/Terminally Ill.
For additional information or how to apply, contact us at 786-469-4851 or visit us at 701 NW 1st Court, 11th Floor, Miami, Florida 33136.
- Advancement Via Individual Determination Program (tutoring program at the Public Schools)
- Allapattah Community Service Center
- Baptist Hospital of Kendall
- Catholic Hospice
- City of Sweetwater Senior Center
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Hialeah Housing Authority
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Jackson North Medical Center
- Little Havana Nutritional and Activities Centers (Rafael Villaverde & Metropolitan Senior center)
- Miami International Airport
- Miami Jewish Health Systems
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools (400 schools)
- Miami-Dade Police Department
- Residential Plaza at Blue Lagoon
- Senior Lift
- Southwest Social Services
- UM Hospital
- United Home Care
- Vitas Innovative Care
- West Dade Adult Day Center
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.