At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Golden Passport (for those 65 years of age or OVER)
If you are a senior citizen 65 years and over and are a permanent Miami-Dade resident, you are eligible to ride transit free with a Golden Passport EASY Card.
How to apply
- When applying for the 65 and over Golden Passport, you must complete the Golden Passport EASY Card Application and provide a current valid Florida ID or driver's license with a Miami-Dade County physical address and your Social Security Number.
- A new application requires that a picture of the patron be taken at the MDT Transit Service Center or a 3-1-1 Service Center for placement on the newly issued EASY Card.
- Seniors will receive a Golden Passport EASY Card that is valid for twenty years.
When renewing a Golden Passport, those 65 years of age and over need to provide a valid and current government-issued Florida ID or Florida Driver's License with a Miami-Dade County physical address, and their last issued Golden Passport EASY Card.
Golden Passport (for Social Security Beneficiaries 64 years of age or UNDER).
If you are a Social Security beneficiary and permanent Miami-Dade resident, you are eligible to ride transit free with a Golden Passport EASY Card.
How to apply
- Applicants 64 years of age and younger must submit a CURRENT printout from the Social Security Administration verifying eligibility. Proof of continued eligibility must be provided annually.
- Applicants must also provide a current valid Florida ID or driver’s license with a Miami-Dade County physical address and your Social Security Number.
- Applicants 64 years and younger receive a card that must be renewed on an annual basis as follows:
- Customers whose birth month is January or February must renew their cards BEFORE December 31
- Customers whose birth month is March or April must renew their cards BEFORE January 31
- Customers whose birth month is May, June or July must renew their cards BEFORE February 28
- Customers whose birth month is August, September or October must renew their cards BEFORE March 31
- Customers whose birth month is November or December must renew their cards BEFORE April 30
- The expiration date is printed on the card.
- Eligible children must have a school ID or Florida ID
Register at the Transit Service Center on the first floor of the Government Center Metrorail station and receive your Golden Passport immediately. You can also register at the 3-1-1 Service Centers
- When renewing their Golden Passport, those under 64 need to provide a CURRENT printout from the Social Security Administration verifying continued Social Security benefits, their current valid Florida ID or driver’s license with a Miami-Dade County physical address, their Social Security Number and the front/back of their current EASY Card.
Where to get your Golden Passport
Register in person at the following location and receive your Golden Passport EASY Card immediately. Golden Passport users also may obtain passport replacements and parking permits at the Government Center Metrorail station location only.
Government Center Metrorail station
111 NW First St., First Floor, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information or assistance, call 786-469-5028.
The Miami-Dade Department of Transportation and Public Works, in collaboration with the City of Miami Neighborhood Enhancement Team (NET), is now offering three new locations where residents can access the Golden Passport services.
6301 N.E. 2nd Ave.
Miami, Florida 33138
1300 SW 12th Ave.
Miami, Florida 33129
5135 NW 7th Street
Miami, Florida 33126
Phone: (305) 960-2890
Fax: (305) 960-2899
All three NET offices are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They are closed on the weekends.
Renewals by Mail or Fax
To renew by mail or fax, copies of the required documents must be forwarded to MDT. This does NOT include new applications. Please provide your correct address. Your address must be current and correct in our computer system.
For other discount passes:
- Patriot Passport: Income statements (W-2, or employer’s check stubs), current valid Florida ID or Florida driver’s license with a Miami-Dade County physical address, your Social Security Number and the front/back of current EASY Card.
- Discount Fare – Seniors (65 and over): Valid government-issued ID or driver’s license, the front/back of current EASY Card
- Discount Fare – Passengers with Disabilities: Completed Discount Fare Application, including Physician’s Section, current valid Florida ID or driver’s license with a Miami-Dade County physical address, their Social Security Number and the front/back of their current EASY Card.
Special Pass Programs
P.O. Box 01-9005
Miami, FL 33101
Special Pass Programs 305-375-1192
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Golden Passport EASY Cards
If your Golden Passport EASY Card is lost or stolen, report it by calling 786-469-5028. You can get your lost, stolen or damaged EASY Card replaced at any of the Transit Service Centers by completing the EASY Card Replacement Form. There is a $10 fee to replace a lost or stolen Golden Passport EASY Card. A one-time fee waiver is available during the lifespan of your Golden Passport account when an original police report is presented listing the card as a stolen item.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.