Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Easy Card for Medicare Recipients
Medicare recipients are eligible to apply for the Discount Fare EASY Card.
- Medicare recipients can apply for the Discount Fare EASY Card at the Transit Service Center located on the first floor of the Government Center Metrorail station at 111 NW 1st Street and it is automatically registered for balance protection.
- Be sure to bring your Medicare card and valid U.S. state-issued photo ID and Social Security number.
- Once you obtain your Discount Fare EASY Card, you must load the card with monetary value to ride at half fare whenever you board a bus or train, with a 1-Month Pass for $56.25, a 7-Day Pass for $14.60 or a 1-Day Pass for $2.80.
- The Discount Fare EASY Card has a photo of the patron. This means that the card can only be used by the person whose photo appears on the card.
- If you are a current Discount Fare EASY Card transit customer under the age of 65, please note that your EASY Card expires on September 30th of every year. In order to avoid disruption in your use of the card, Miami-Dade Transit encourages you to renew your service BEFORE September 30th of each year. If you do not renew by September 30th, your card will be disabled and will not work until it has been renewed
Discount Fare Rates
Metrobus & Metrorail
Metrobus Express/ Special
Renewals by Mail or Fax
To renew by mail or fax, copies of the required documents must be forwarded to Miami-Dade Transit (MDT). This does NOT include new applications. Your address must be current and correct in our computer system.
Medicare Recipients – should provide the following:
- Completed Discount Fare Application
- Copy of Medicare card
- Valid U.S. state-issued ID
- Front and back of current EASY Card
SPECIAL PASS PROGRAMS
PO BOX 01-9005
MIAMI FL 33101
Special Pass Programs
Lost, Stolen or Damaged EASY Cards
If your Discount Fare EASY Card is lost or stolen, report it by calling 786-469-5028.
You can get your lost, stolen or damaged EASY Card replaced at any of the Transit Service Centers by completing the EASY Card Replacement Form
There is a $10 fee to replace a lost or stolen Discount Fare EASY Card. A one-time fee waiver is available during the lifespan of your Discount account when an original police report is presented listing the card as a stolen item.
For material in alternate format (audiotape, Braille or computer disk), a sign-language interpreter or other accommodations,
Or write to:
701 NW 1st Court - Suite 1700
Miami, FL 33136
Attn: Marcos Ortega
Discount Programs Application Request
786-469-5028 (TDD/TTY Number 305-468-5402)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.