Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Park at any Metrorail surface lot or parking garage for just $4.50 a day seven days a week, including holidays, when you ride Metrorail. Or, buy the monthly parking permit sold for $11.25 to monthly transit users. Golden Passport and Patriot Passport users, who also must pay to park at Metrorail, can pay the $4.50 daily parking fee or buy the $11.25 monthly parking permit.
Metrorail station parking fees may be higher for special events and for non-transit patrons.
People with disabilities park free at Metrorail stations, as long as a state-issued parking permit for people with disabilities is displayed on the rearview mirror.
- The monthly rail parking permit is not valid at privately owned and municipal parking lots and garages.
- Earlington Heights is the only Metrorail parking garage with 24-hour access. The South Miami and Okeechobee parking garages are only accessible between 5 am to midnight, or the arrival of the last Metrorail train.
- Parking Locations
- Paying for Parking
- Overnight and Long-term Parking
- Parking Hours
- Daily Parking
- Monthly Parking
- Parking Tips
|Surface parking:||Garage parking:|
No parking is available at Brickell, Government Center, Culmer, Miami International Airport and Civic Center stations. Although Metrorail doesn't offer parking at Government Center Station in downtown Miami, many municipal and privately-owned garages and surface lots are within walking distance. Costs may vary.Back to Top
Paying for Parking
You can pay for either daily or monthly parking at any EASY Card vending machine or at the Transit Service Center at Government Center, second level. A monthly parking permit also can be purchased online.Back to Top
Overnight and Long-term Parking
Long term parking is available at Earlington Heights, Okeechobee and South Miami for $4.50 a night. Metrorail Parking Permits are also accepted.
Parking at the above stations is pre-paid. You may purchase parking:
- Metrorail Parking Garages are open the same hours as rail service - from 5:00 am to 12 midnight, seven days a week.
- Only the Earlington Heights parking garage is accessible 24-hours a day.
- Park and Ride Lots are open 24-hours a day. Patrons must park at their own risk.
Pay the one-day Metrorail parking fee at an EASY Card vending machine before tapping in at the fare gate. Remember your parking space number. It’s painted on the pavement in each space. At the EASY Card vending machine, select the “pay for parking” option from the menu on the screen. In addition to the $4.50 parking fee, the cost of one Metrorail ride will be deducted from your EASY Card or Ticket unless you have a time-based pass (1-Day, 7-Day or 1-Month Pass) or Golden or Patriot Passport.Back to Top
You can buy a monthly parking permit at an EASY Card vending machine at any Metrorail station when purchasing a 1-Month Pass. Take the printed receipt to the station security officer to receive your parking permit. This permit must visibly hang from the vehicle’s rearview mirror whenever parked at a Metrorail station. You also can obtain your parking permit at:
- Transit Service Center
Second level of the Government Center
111 NW 1st Street, Miami, Florida 33128
- Overtown Transit Village
701 NW 1 Court – Ground Level- Suite 121
Miami, Florida 33136
The permit can also be ordered online when purchased with a 1-Month Pass. Please note both items must be bought by the 22nd day of the prior month. Both the parking permit and the 1-Month Pass will be mailed to you. Keep your transaction confirmation number.
Riders who use a 1-Month Pass, the Golden Passport, or the Patriot Passport can buy a $11.25 monthly parking permit (with a valid driver’s license). With the permit, there is no $4.50 daily charge to park. However, the permit must be displayed at all times on the rearview mirror and be visible to the parking enforcement officer.
Note: The monthly parking permit is not valid at privately owned or municipal parking lots and garages.Back to Top
- Park in marked spaces only, head first. No back-in parking.
- Hang your monthly parking permit from the rearview mirror. The permit must be visible to enforcement personnel.
- If paying for only one day of parking, there's no need to return to your car to place your receipt in the window. Monthly parking permits must be displayed on your car's rearview mirror.
- Parking citations will be issued to anyone who violates parking rules (located on the back of the permit) or fails to pay the $4.50 daily fee. Paid parking is available seven days a week.
- Monthly parking permits are only for the use of riders who buy a 1-Month Pass or Golden Passport or Patriot Passport users.
- Miami-Dade County and Miami-Dade Transit are not responsible for damage, theft, or vandalism to vehicles or their contents.
- Riders with a state-issued parking permit or license plate for people with disabilities may park free in spaces designated for disabled riders.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.