Park at any Metrorail surface lot or parking garage for just $4 a day seven days a week, including holidays, when you ride Metrorail. Or, buy the monthly parking permit sold for $10 to monthly transit users. Golden Passport and Patriot Passport users, who also must pay to park at Metrorail, can pay the $4 daily parking fee or buy the $10 monthly parking permit.
Metrorail station parking fees may be higher for special events and for non-transit patrons.
People with disabilities park free at Metrorail stations, as long as a state-issued parking permit for people with disabilities is displayed on the rearview mirror.
Note: The monthly rail parking permit is not valid at privately owned and municipal parking lots and garages.
- Parking Locations
- Paying for Parking
- Overnight and Long-term Parking
- Parking Hours
- Daily Parking
- Monthly Parking
- Parking Tips
|Surface parking:||Garage parking:|
No parking is available at Brickell, Government Center, Culmer, and Civic Center stations. Although Metrorail doesn't offer parking at Government Center Station in downtown Miami, many municipal and privately-owned garages and surface lots are within walking distance. Costs may vary.Back to Top
Paying for Parking
You can pay for either daily or monthly parking at any EASY Card vending machine or at the Transit Service Center at Government Center, second level. A monthly parking permit also can be purchased online.Back to Top
Overnight and Long-term Parking
Long term parking is available at Earlington Heights, Okeechobee and South Miami for $4 a night. Metrorail Parking Permits are also accepted.
Parking at the above stations is pre-paid. You may purchase parking:
- Metrorail Parking Garages are open the same hours as rail service - from 5:00 am to 12 midnight, seven days a week.
- Park and Ride Lots are open 24-hours a day. Patrons must park at their own risk.
If You Pay Daily to Park
Pay the one-day Metrorail parking fee at an EASY Card vending machine before tapping in at the faregate. Remember your parking space number. It's painted on the pavement in each space. At the EASY Card vending machine, select the "pay for parking" option from the menu on the screen. In addition to the $4 parking fee, the cost of one Metrorail ride will be deducted from your EASY Card or Ticket unless you have a time-based pass or Golden or Patriot Passport.Back to Top
Parking With a Monthly Permit
You can buy a monthly parking permit at an EASY Card vending machine at any Metrorail station when purchasing a 1-Month Pass. Take the printed receipt to the station security officer to receive your parking permit and hang the permit from your car's rearview mirror for the duration of the month indicated on the permit. You also can obtain your parking permit at the Transit Service Center at Government Center, second level, or you may order it online and your parking permit will be mailed to you. Keep your transaction confirmation number.
Riders who use Metropass, the Golden Passport, or the Patriot Passport can buy a $10 monthly parking permit. With the permit, there is no $4 daily charge to park. However, the permit must be displayed at all times on the rearview mirror and be visible to the parking enforcement officer.
Note: The monthly rail parking permit is not valid at privately owned and municipal parking lots and garages.Back to Top
- Park in marked spaces only, head first. No back-in parking.
- Hang your monthly parking permit from the rearview mirror. The permit must be visible to enforcement personnel.
- If paying for only one day of parking, there's no need to return to your car to place your receipt in the window. Monthly parking permits must be displayed on your car's rearview mirror.
- Parking citations will be issued to anyone who violates parking rules (back of the permit) or fail to pay the $4 daily (seven days a week) fee.
- Monthly parking permits are only for the use of riders who buy a monthly Metropass or Golden Passport and Patriot Passport users.
- Miami-Dade County and Miami-Dade Transit are not responsible for damage, theft, or vandalism to vehicles or their content.
- Riders with a state-issued parking permit or license plate for people with disabilities may park free in spaces designated for disabled riders.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.