Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Service animals are allowed to board Metrobus, Metrorail, Metromover and STS, as long as the animal does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others or cause a significant disruption in service.
Bus Operators or Custom Protection Officers (CPO) may ask any passenger if their animal is a service animal and/or if the animal assists them with their disability, but CANNOT require certification or identification for service animals. Documentation that the service animal is trained is not a precondition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. [FL Statutes - Chapter 413 (a)].
Under Miami-Dade County's Leash Law, all service dogs must wear a leash.
- Persons with disabilities who use service animals are allowed to board the bus/rail with the service animal provided that the animal does not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others or cause a significant disruption in the service (a service animal that barks or growls at other passengers).
- Service animals must remain at the owner's feet or on the owner's lap. A service animal cannot sit on a vehicle seat.
- The animal owner is responsible for any damage or soiling caused by the animal.
- The animal must remain under the owner's control at all times and must not be aggressive towards people or other animals.
- For further information on Miami Dade County Service Animal Policy, please visit the Office of ADA Coordination's website.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.