Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
If you see something, say something
Transit Watch is an innovative program that trains Miami-Dade Transit Police and Security Officers in the latest law enforcement techniques and counter-terrorism measures. From increased patrols and electronic surveillance, to unannounced security sweeps of Miami-Dade Transit vehicles and facilities, we take every precaution to ensure the security of our vehicles and passengers. In the event of a life-threatening emergency, always call 911.
Download the app now!
You are our eyes and ears
As a vital part of Transit Watch, we rely on our passengers and the general public to be aware of and alert to any suspicious or dangerous activity on Miami-Dade Transit buses and trains. We ask for your help in identifying and reporting such behaviors, including the following:
- A person or persons wearing clothes unsuitable for the time of year
- Anything protruding in an unusual manner underneath a person's clothing
- A person trying to blend in with surroundings, even though he or she appears out of place
- Nervousness, tension or excessive sweating
- Individuals abandoning a package and hastily departing the area
- Walking slowly while surveying the area or running in a suspicious manner
- Taking unauthorized photos of transit operations and equipment
Suspicious items and packages
- Electrical wires, switches or electronic devices sticking out of a bag or clothing
- Unattended bags, packages, boxes or backpacks
- Unexplained smoke, mist, gas, vapor, odor or leaking fluid
- Spray bottles or aerosol canisters
Tips for staying safe on trains, buses, and platforms
If you see something suspicious or someone involved in dangerous activity on a Miami-Dade Transit vehicle, call Transit Security at 305-375-2700 (Transit Watch Hotline).
- Be prepared with a plan to maintain contact with family or friends in the event of an emergency
- In the event of an emergency, stay calm, listen carefully and follow instructions
- Notify a train operator from the emergency intercom outside the operator's door at either end of the train
- Emergency exit procedures are listed on all windows, ceiling escape hatches and doors
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.