As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Program
The Miami-Dade Transit (MDT) Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Program is a state-funded program that provides free transportation passes to qualifying Non-Profit Agencies/Programs for use by their Miami-Dade County resident clients who qualify as "Transportation Disadvantaged”.
- Program Guidelines
- General Program Guidelines
- Pass Distribution
- Available Pass Types
- Contact Information
- The “Transportation Disadvantaged” are defined as the disabled, the poor (income level at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines), homeless, adults and children at risk and unemployed needing job training in Miami-Dade County.
- Patriot Passport or Special Transportation Service (STS) receiving Social Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) are not eligible. These customers ride free on Transit.
- Organization/Agency must:
- Be a 501C or IRS Exempted Non-Profit Organization/Agency
- Be physically located in Miami-Dade County and in good standing
- Serve Miami-Dade County residents whose documented household income does not exceed 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Submit new agency/program applications between January 1st and April 30th annually
General Program Guidelines
- The TD Program’s Agencies are responsible for determining their client’s eligibility; however, they are subject to random audits by the Office of the Transportation Disadvantaged Program.
- Agencies receiving passes must submit a completed Monthly Allocation Report (MAR) each month.
- Passes are distributed on a monthly basis through to qualifying Non-Profit Agencies/Programs and may be picked up from the 26th to 10th of the next month at the Overtown Transit Village (OTV) Pass Sales Office, 701 NW 1st Court, Suite 121, Miami, and Florida 33136.
Available Pass Types
- 1-Month Pass - Valid for unlimited rides for the entire calendar month.
- 7-Day Pass - Valid for unlimited rides for a week (7 consecutive days).
- 1- Day Pass- Valid for unlimited rides for one calendar day until 2 a.m. of the next day.
- 1-Trip Pass- Valid for one trip ride on Metrorail or Metrobus. Bus-to-Bus transfers are free with this pass. This pass does not allow for Train-to-Bus or Bus-to-Train transfers.
- Annual TD Easy Card – Valid for up to one year. This Easy Card is made available by a limited grant program, on a first-come, first-serve basis until grant funds are exhausted. Applicants annual income cannot exceed $18,090.
For further information regarding the TD Program please call (786) 469-5069, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or via email at MDTTDP@miamidade.gov.
To provide comments on this program, please contact the TD Hotline at 1-800-983-2435.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:35:42 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.