Landscape Irrigation Evaluations
Individual homeowners, as well as homeowner and condominium associations, can have their landscapes evaluated by Miami-Dade County and its partners in order to improve water efficiency.
By providing free water-use audits, irrigation system tests and the offer of financial incentives, the goal is to reduce the amount of water use for irrigation.
The audits include an evaluation of current and past water use, on-site inspection of irrigation systems, testing for sprinkler uniformity, training of landscape personnel in the principles of efficient irrigation, and water use efficiency recommendations.
Single family homeowners can get a free evaluation of their in-ground irrigation system as part of the Single Family Landscape Irrigation Project sponsored by the Miami-Dade County Water Use Efficiency Section. Evaluations will be provided at no cost to qualified homeowners by the Urban Conservation Unit of the Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Program (FYN)/University of Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
A variety of approved irrigation retrofits are available, with eligible residents able to receive rebates of up to $400 per year.
Read and complete the Single-Family Irrigation Retrofit Rebate Program application:
Mail, email or fax the appropriate form to:
Florida Yards and Neighborhood Program
c/o Laura Vasquez, FYN Coordinator
18710 SW 288 St.
Homestead, FL 33030
Owners of single-family homes, townhouses and duplexes with existing irrigation systems are eligible.Back to Top
Evaluations for large irrigation systems
Homeowner associations, condo associations and other large irrigation systems in properties located within Miami-Dade County can participate in this water-saving project. Rebates of up to $2,850 per year are available for homeowner, condo association and large system irrigation retrofits.
The project works following these steps:
- The property owner or authorized representative signs a Homeowner Association Irrigation Evaluation Agreement or Large Property Irrigation Evaluation Agreement . Mail, email or fax the appropriate form to the address or number listed above.
- An appointment with the property owner or authorized representative will be scheduled to evaluate the irrigation system.
- Recommendations will be provided to the property owner detailing the ways that the irrigation system can become more water efficient.
- A post-retrofit evaluation inspection will be conducted to verify all the retrofits have been made at the property.
- The property owner or authorized representative must submit copies of paid invoices for retrofits and sensor installations for reimbursement.
Back to Top
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.