Zoning Process Improvement Project
As part of its efforts to improve the development review process, the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department's Development Services Division has been working on the establishment of a new pre-application process and on a streamlined schedule for County agencies’ review and comment.
A new web application allows the public to check on the process status of their pre-application package.
Pre-application meetings are held every Thursday between 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm. To request a pre-application meeting all materials must be submitted no later than the Wednesday of the week prior. Each meeting will be 30 minutes in duration.
Meetings will take place at the Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1st Street, 11th floor Rear Conference Room.
Pre-application meetings will be required for the following application types:
• All Development Impact Committee (DIC)
• All Administrative Site Plan Review (ASPR)
• All Modifications to a Resolution and/or Covenant, if in conjunction with a site plan
• All Administrative Modifications
• Other public hearings, except single-family residential lots and others as determined by Development Services
The following are exempt from the pre-application meeting requirement:
• Single-family for non-use variances
• Substantial Compliance
• Spacing – alcohol, group homes, cargo containers
• Hours of operation for alcohol
• Cell towers
• Deletion/modification of covenant (if site plan related, determination by Development Services needed)
• Use restrictions
• District boundary change, if no site plan included
List of departmental staff assigned to pre-application process (coming soon)
For questions, please contact Amina Newsome at 305-375-2842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 21 workshop
Thanks to all who attended the July 21 workshop. The Department will continue to look forward to your comments.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.