As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Zoning Pre-Application Process
As part of its efforts to improve the development review process, the Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources Development Services Division now requires that certain applications follow a pre-application process. This process provides applicants with initial comments that can assist them with their final submittals. Applicants should review the information below for guidance with pre-application submittals and tracking.
A new web application allows the public to check on the process status of their pre-application package.
- Pre-Application Guidelines and Form
- Pre-Application Process Summary
- Check Pre-Application Status - applications prior to September 12, 2016
- Check Pre-Application Status - applications after September 12, 2016
Pre-application meetings are held every Thursday between 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. To request a pre-application meeting all materials must be submitted no later than the Wednesday of the week prior. Each meeting will be 30 minutes in duration.
Meetings will take place at the Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1st Street, 11th floor Rear Conference Room.
Pre-application meetings will be required for the following application types:
- All Development Impact Committee (DIC)
- Public Hearings or Administrative Site Plan Approval (ASPR) for the following applications:
- Urban Center
- Rapid Transit Zone
- Smart Corridor / Mixed Use Development
- Charter or Private schools
Pre-applications fees are $250 for all applications other than Urban Center and Developmental Impact Committee, which are $500.00 (subject to an 7.5 percent surcharge).
The following are exempt from the pre-application meeting requirement:
- Single-family for non-use variances
- Substantial Compliance
- Administrative Modification
- Spacing – alcohol, group homes, cargo containers
- Hours of operation for alcohol
- Cell towers
- Deletion/modification of covenant (if site plan related, determination by Development Services needed)
- Use restrictions
- District boundary change, if no site plan included
Pre-application meeting requests may be made online through the Zoning Self-Service Portal.
For questions, contact Carl Harrison at 305-375-2566 or [email protected]
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.