Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
County Codes & Ordinances
Chapter 5 of the Miami-Dade County Code highlights pertaining to the sale of licenses/tags:
- Section 8.2: Veterinarians must submit all rabies vaccination certificates and payment for tags sold by the 10th day of the following month;
- Pet Dealers must submit Puppy Certificates by the 10th of the following month.
- Pet Dealers must submit all rabies vaccination certificates and payment for Junior Tags by the 10th of the following month;
- Veterinarians and pet dealers who sell Miami-Dade County license tags may collect as payment for each tag no more than the value of the tags established by Miami-Dade County, and a maximum premium of twenty (20) percent of the value of the tag;
- Payment must be made by way of one (1) company check -- neither cash nor third party checks will be accepted;
- Checks are made payable to the Board of County Commissioners (or BCC) and mailed to Animal Services,7401 NW 74 Street, Miami, FL 33166.
Inquiries/concerns may be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your assigned Licensing Clerk.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17:46 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.