At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Monthly Accounting Reports
To order MAR forms, please call 305-418-7188 or email request to email@example.com.
- MAR should list the sequence of licenses issued in numerical order with beginning and ending sequence number.
- The number of lost or stolen licenses should be listed with the face value reported. Puppy licenses also need to be listed reflecting zero value.
- The number of sold licenses per type and total dollar amount needs to be listed.
- Certificates should be attached and sorted by type of licenses issued.
- MARS are to be submitted by the 10th of each month; regardless of no transaction occurring a report must be submitted
It is essential that this information is recorded accurately and assist with the reunification of lost pets with their owners. This joint effort will help save animals that would otherwise be left at the Pet Adoption and Protection Center and minimize the possibility of a pet owner being cited erroneously. The complete detailed reporting of information requested is essential to the reunification of pets with their owners, ensure accuracy, prevent duplicate accounts and erroneous citations from being mailed to compliant and responsible pet owners.
Includes a field to report missing tags and receipt of tags. Please note that a 5-day window will be provided to report any shortage in the tags received. After the 5-day period, missing tags will be invoiced at the full value they represent. The fee will only be waived if report is accompanied by a police report noting theft of inventory.
Low Income Fees
To qualify for the reduced fee, the pet owner must be at least 18 years old and receiving public assistance under one or more of the following:
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Jackson Memorial Hospital Clinic Cards
- Temporary Assistance for Needed Families (TANF)
Pet owner must provide current eligibility letter.
Additionally, the name listed on eligible document(s) must be the same listed as the pet owner on the rabies certificate. The food stamp and medicaid card are not acceptable documents. Should the name on the support document be different than the pet owner's name or should the Licensing Station fail to provide copies of eligible documents, it will result in the invoicing of the license at the full cost ($55 intact or $27 spayed/neutered or $165 for the three year license) minus the amount received.
Returned Tags Form
Use the "Returned Tags" form to return any obsolete licenses once new fiscal year licenses are issued. Returned tags are to be forwarded no later than the first of November of each year. Review the form to ensure that the quantity and sequence number(s) are reflected accurately. All unaccounted licenses will be invoiced at the full value: $25 for the Junior Tag, $55 for the annual license and $165 for the 3-year license.
- Distribution of the New Fiscal Year License: Once the new licenses are distributed, please DO NOT co-mingle the reporting of sales on the same MAR when reporting the previous fiscal year license and the newly issued license. They must be reported on separate MARs.
- Outstanding Accounts: Monthly invoicing of any outstanding balance will be initiated shortly thereafter. (Failure to pay in full may result in suspension of tag distribution and civil violation notice.)
Pet Store Monthly Accounting Report
The sample form can be used if you have yet to receive replacements from the Department. The Monthly Accounting Report must be submitted by the 10th of month; regardless if no transaction occurred.
Please make sure that each field is completed. It is equally important that contact information is legible on both forms.
Pet Death Certificate
The sample form can be used to report a pet euthanized or disposed of by your facility. Please make sure that it is completely fill out and submitted along with your Monthly Accounting Report. It is important to reflect the death of a pet to ensure the timely update of pet accounts and to prevent erroneous citations from being issued.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.