Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
About Miami-Dade County
Join us for a day in the life of Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade County has so much to offer. With its great location, it's uniquely positioned for regional and global investments. Plus it offers a diverse and skilled workforce and much more.
Why Miami-Dade County? Here are just some of the reasons:
- Miami-Dade County is a community of 2.5 million residents in 35 municipalities with 104 spoken languages.
- Miami-Dade County provides a superior infrastructure and strategic location for trade with Latin America and the Caribbean. Miami is geographically situated between North and South America making it the cargo gateway of the Americas and well situated for increased trade from Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Miami is a top destination in the U.S. for international tourists and has consistently ranked among the top preferred destinations for international business travelers.
- Miami-Dade County consistently ranks among the top 12 customs districts in the United States and a top destination for international travelers.
- Miami-Dade County is home to over 70 foreign consulates and trade offices and 1,100-plus multinational corporations operate here.
- The Port of Miami is Florida's #1 deep-water cargo container port doing business with 250 ports in 100 countries.
- The Port of Miami is the Cruise Capital of the World and is home to 7 cruise lines with 22 cruise ships.
- Miami International Airport is #1 among U.S. airports for international freight and #2 among U.S. airports for international passengers.
- Greater Miami and the beaches is one of the world's most popular destinations generating billions to the local economy.
- Greater Miami area beaches have been recognized as top picks for recreation and are among the best beaches in the world.
- The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County serves as a showcase and laboratory for emerging and developing cultural arts programs.
305biz Business Magazine is a new Miami-Dade County publication targeted to entrepreneurs and business owners.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.