As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
2017 Charter Review Task Force
On March 20 2017, the Board of County Commissioners approved Resolution No. R-304-17 creating a Charter Review Task Force. The Charter Review Task Force shall review the Home Rule Charter of Miami-Dade County in its entirety and shall prepare and submit to the Board of County Commissioners written recommendations setting forth any proposed amendments or revisions to the Charter.
In conducting its review, the Task Force is charged with the following:
- Study the Final Report of the last Charter Review Task Force;
- Study all proposed charter amendments submitted to the voters since the last Charter Review Task Force issued its recommendations;
- Invite knowledgeable members of the community to appear and make recommendations;
- Invite representatives of Miami-Dade County’s municipalities to appear and make recommendations;
- Conduct public hearings at various stages in the review process;
- Conduct regional public meetings (for example, in North, South, Central Miami-Dade County) to convey recommendations of the Charter Review Task Force to persons in attendance and receive any additional comments from the public regarding recommendations. The Task Force shall reconvene to consider any public comments prior to submission of a final report to the Board of County Commissioners recommending charter amendment proposals and placement of such proposals on the General Election ballot. These regional public meetings shall be in addition to meetings which are to be conducted in accordance with the Code of Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Upcoming Task Force Meetings
- Monday, October 30, 2017
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.