Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Disclaimer: Under Florida law, email correspondence is a matter of public record and is not considered confidential. If you do not want your email address, name or other identifying information released in response to a public records request, please contact this office by phone or in writing. You are not required to disclose identifying information if the complaint is made by phone or in writing.

Environmental Complaints

The following situations should be reported immediately:

  • Waste liquid discharges or spills into storm drains, street drains, parking lot drains, waterways, or onto the open ground.
  • Tanker trucks dumping waste into manholes, drainage structures, waterways, or on the ground.
  • Any spill or discharge to the environment of suspected (hazardous) waste.
  • Chemical spills or dumping incidents; any dumping of chemical drums or containers or abandoned drums.
  • Discharge or spills of gasoline, oil or waste hydrocarbons; fuel fumes in drainage structures or manholes.
  • Discharge or spills of pesticides; any dumping of pesticide containers.
  • Sewage overflows from any source.
  • Potable water main breaks.
  • Smoke or dust emissions from any facility.
  • Any severe odor or vapor that affects the eyes and/or breathing, or results in skin irritation; call 911 and then call Environmental Resources Management's Complaint Desk.
  • Turbid (cloudy) water in any waterway, canal, or Biscayne Bay; may be due to construction and may be discharged through a pipe or from a storm drain.
  • Open burning (not fires used for cooking). Call the Fire Rescue Department first – Environmental Resources Management generally responds to improper or illegal burning in relatively uninhabited areas and investigates these jointly with the local fire department.
  • Removal, cutting or bulldozing of trees, including mangroves in coast (particularly during the evenings or on weekends).
  • Fish kills (1.9 MB)
    (numbering more than 50 fish in one general location).
  • Duck kills (1.89 MB)
  • Any dredging or filling in or along Biscayne Bay.

For flood or drainage complaints, contact the Stormwater Utility Information Phone line at 305-372-6688, or submit the Stormwater Utility Complaint Form  to [email protected].

If you cannot view PDF PDF files, you can download Acrobat Reader  for free from Adobe Systems, Inc. In order to use PDF files, you must have Acrobat installed on your computer.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:30:14 PM

File an Environmental Complaint

For complaints or emergencies
Call: 305-372-6955
Email: [email protected]

Miami-Dade County responds to environmental complaints and emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.



You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.