At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Environmentally Endangered Lands Program Volunteer Workdays
Volunteer to make Miami-Dade greener!
You can get involved by participating in one of the workdays organized by the Environmentally Endangered Lands (EEL) Program and helping to protect and restore natural areas in Miami-Dade County. The workdays are fun, hands-on activities throughout all kinds of interesting natural areas. Community hours are available through this volunteer program.
Workdays take place from 9 a.m.–noon. View the complete 2016 - 2017 EEL Volunteer Season calendar.
Black Creek Forest Preserve SW 112 Ave South of SW 211 St
For more information, email or call 305-372-6611.
Note: Volunteers are required to fill out the Liability Waiver Form prior to participating.
- Registration starts 15 minutes before workday begins.
- Closed-toe shoes are required and long sleeve shirts and long pants are highly recommended.
- Be prepared to work outside. Drink plenty of fluids during the day.
- A hat, sunblock and insect repellent are recommended.
- Listen to the orientation given at the beginning of the workday. Pay attention to instructions and warnings (such as how to avoid poison ivy and poison wood).
- Please do not bring pets along on workdays.
- Inform staff about concerns, unusual findings, strange debris or occurrences.
- Children 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 16-18 must have the liability waiver signed by parent to participate.
EEL Program videos
- Watch the video project from Florida International University student Gabriela Vargas. It was filmed during the EEL Workday at Black Creek on April 12, 2014.
- Check out a news feature on Univision 23 about EEL's workdays.
Watch the Green Scene videos on the Endangered Lands Program
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.