At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Environmental Research and Reports
Environmental reports such as background studies and cleanup target levels are intended to protect human health, public safety and environmental resources.
Reports and studies are available as reference guides. For more information, call 305-372-6789.
- Air Quality Reports
- Artificial Reef Monitoring Reports
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- Soil Contamination and Cleanup
- Coastal Areas, Endangered Lands and Wildlife
- Tree Reports
Air Quality Reports
Air Quality Index Trends
- Measurement of daily air quality from 1995-2008
- Air Quality Index 1998-2008
- Air Quality Index 1987-1997
Annual Air Quality Reports
- Ambient Air Quality in 2009 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2008 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2007 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2006 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2005 in Miami-Dade County
- Ambient Air Quality in 2004 in Miami-Dade County
Artificial Reef Monitoring Reports
Numerous artificial reef monitoring projects have been or are being conducted to evaluate the biological assemblages utilizing the artificial reefs.
Sunny Isles Reef Restoration Onsite Monitoring (2002-03)
2002-2003 Grant Monitoring Project Report submitted to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC)
Baseline Limerock Boulder Artificial Reef Study (2006-07)
Baseline Boulder Study Final Report submitted to the FWC
Sunny Isles Offsite Mitigation Monitoring (2007-08)
Spatial Array and Depth Study of Miami-Dade Artificial Reef Modules (2009)
- Artificial Reef Module Study Final Report submitted to the FWC
Bal Harbour Mitigation Monitoring Program (ongoing)
Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- 1981, Technical Report 82-2 (1.2 MB)
- 1982, Technical Report 83-3 (2 MB)
- 1983, Technical Report 88-6 (3.2 MB)
- 1984, Technical Report 88-10 (4.2 MB)
- 1985, Technical Report 88-15 (3 MB)
Intensive canal studies
Wastewater and stormwater/ floodingBack to Top
Soil Contamination and Cleanup
Cleanup target levels (CTL) are intended to protect human health, public safety and environmental resources using risk-based corrective action strategies and to establish the point at which a site rehabilitation action is determined to be accomplished.
- Anthropogenic Background Study - 2014
- Background Study - Presented to the FDEP Contaminated Media Forum - 2014
- Environmental Quality Monitoring at Five Municipal Golf Courses - 2002 (1.5 MB)
- Natural Background Concentrations in Soil for Miami-Dade County - 2002
- Natural Background Soil Concentrations for the Barrier Islands of Miami-Dade County - 2004
- Background Concentrations of Iron in Groundwater in Miami-Dade County - 2005
Coastal Areas, Endangered Lands and Wildlife
- Manatee Protection Plan Review Committee Data Summary Report - 2009
- Miami-Dade County Recreational Boating Activity Report - 2009 (6.7 MB)
- Miami-Dade County's Urban Forests and Their Ecosystem Services
2011 report, based on 2008 data, with the University of Florida IFAS Extension
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.