Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Miami-Dade County is pursuing many initiatives and programs for a more ecologically, economically and socially sensitive approach to local government and the global environment as a whole. Miami-Dade County has been a leader in environmental initiatives for many years. We’ve made progress that includes departmental efforts such as:
- Purchasing hybrid vehicles. The County has the third largest public hybrid fleet in the nation according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Building and restoring "green buildings" and expediting building permitting for "green" builders.
- Upgrading our recycling program to single-stream, where all recyclable goods are placed in one cart. This has resulted in a tremendous increase in recycling participation.
- Establishing Home Chemical Collection and Trash and Recycling Centers across the County.
- Building artificial reefs to support our tourism and fishing industries, and keep our ecosystems healthy.
Although there will always be ongoing challenges and new issues that impact our quality of life, we are confident that will continue being ahead of the curve in the green movement and find solutions that make sense, not only for today or tomorrow but well into the future.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Aug 9, 2013 12:40:51 PM
Departments Go Green
Miami-Dade County departments are making efforts to go green
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.