As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Housing Choice Voucher Program
This federally-funded rental program allows tenants to choose their unit in the private housing market. Although the agency can provide help with locating a unit, the family is ultimately responsible for locating a suitable unit.
Assistance in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher is tied to the person, not the unit, and allows the participant to lease any unit that meets the program requirements, including units outside the Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development's (PHCD) jurisdiction.
Participants are selected from Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development's waiting list, typically paying approximately between 30% of income toward rent; the landlord receives the difference in the form of a housing assistance payment (HAP) from PHCD.
PHCD has contracted with a private firm to administer the Housing Choice Voucher program, previously called Private Rental Housing or Section 8.
- Becoming a landlord
- Owner Meeting Presentations
- General information
- Inspections Portal
- Reasonable accommodation
- Online tools
Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act
On March 7, 2013, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act 2013 (VAWA 2013) was signed into law. VAWA 2013 protects individuals who are victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking, regardless of sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, from being denied assistance on the basis of or as a direct result of being a victim of domestic violence. The law was enacted to ensure that Public Housing Agencies and Owners are consistent with HUD's nondiscrimination and equal opportunity requirements.
To ensure that owners are compliant with this Housing and Urban Development VAWA Final Ruling, familiarize yourself with your rights and obligations as an owner of housing assisted through Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development.
Effective June 29, 2014 - New Contractors for Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
Effective June 29, 2014, the Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development (PHCD) Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program is replacing the current contractor Quadel Consulting Corporation with two new contractors, Nan McKay Associates and CVR Associates.
Attention Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Applicants, Participants or Landlords—Do Not Be Victims of Identity Fraud Scams
If you receive a call from someone claiming to be a Miami-Dade County Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) employee asking for personal information such as your social security number, date of birth, mother’s maiden name, or credit card number, DO NOT provide the caller with any information. The caller may tell you that you have been selected to receive a voucher or that you may lose your voucher if you do not provide the information. If you are in the process of leasing a unit, the caller may tell you that your contract is ready for signing and that your personal identification must be verified. Landlords may be told that they have to pay money to avoid going to a required class. All of these are scams. The Section 8 Program does not require you to pay for any service and will not call you to ask for personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Housing Choice Voucher Program call center at 305-403-3222.
Owners urged to lower rents
Owners participating in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program are being urged by the Board of County Commissioners (Resolution No. R-1093-01 ) to negotiate reduction in rents with Section 8 participants to ensure that the tenant portion of the contract rent remains affordable for the Section 8 participant.
Change in dates for HAP payments abatements
Please be advised that effective August 1, 2011, PHCD will place abatements on the Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) the day after the second failed inspection for owner violations of Housing Quality Standards (HQS). PHCD will recapture the pro-rated HAP that was paid to the owner. Owners are not eligible for HAP from the day after the second fail until the unit passes inspection.
HUD regulation 24 CFR 982.404 and Section B-3 of the HAP Contract require that the owner must maintain the contract unit and premises in accordance with HQS. If the owner does not maintain the contract unit in accordance with HQS, PHCD must take prompt and vigorous action to enforce the owner’s obligation including recovery of overpayments, suspension of HAP, abatement, and/or termination of the HAP contract.
Owners are encouraged to take prompt action to correct any HQS violations so they will not have their HAP abated and they will be in compliance with their HAP Contract. Once HAP is abated, owners must request a compliance inspection and the unit must pass in order to end the abatement. Abatements are lifted the day after the pass inspection. Compliance inspections are generally scheduled 10-15 days after the request is made to the Call Center at 305-403-3222.
RGN Settlement Agreement
If you were an owner of a residential property in Miami-Dade County and entered into a Section 8 lease with a low-income tenant and also have a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract with the Miami-Dade Public Housing and Community Development from April 29, 2000 to the present, you may be entitled to funds from a Settlement Agreement from RGN Properties, Inc. and Miami-Dade County.
Becoming a Housing Choice Voucher landlord
- Learn how to list your home with Miami-Dade Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Owner orientations will be held quarterly, on the last Wednesday of the month in January, April, July and October, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Owner Reference Manual (also available in Spanish and Creole ).
- Contact Miami-Dade Housing Choice Voucher Program
- General Information Call Center - 305-403-3222
- HCV Inspections Portal (by CVR Associates, Inc.) phone - 305-434-7211 | email - [email protected]
- Fraud Hotline - 786-233-9710
- Fax Number - 786-358-5893
- Email - [email protected]
- Address - 7400 Corporate Center Drive (NW 19 Street and 75 Avenue Bay H)
- Mailing Address:
PO BOX 521750
MIAMI FL 33152-1750
Back to Top
Owner Meeting Presentations
- 2015 - 1st Quarter Owner Meeting Presentation.
- 2015 - 2nd Quarter Owner Meeting Presentation.
- 2015 - 3rd Quarter Owner Meeting Presentation.
- 2015 - 4th Quarter Owner Meeting Presentation.
- 2016 - 1st Quarter Owner Meeting Presentation.
- 2016 - 2nd Quarter Owner Meeting Presentation.
- 2018 Allowances for Tenant-Furnished Utilities and Other Services
- 2017 Allowances for Tenant-Furnished Utilities and Other Services
- 2016 Allowances for Tenant-Furnished Utilities and Other Services
- A Good Place to Live
- Application for Initial Eligibility
- Change of Agent / HAP Payee
- Change of Management
- Change of Ownership
- Ethics Commission Request for Approval (for County employees)
- Ethics Commission Request for Approval (for family of County employees)
- Expanding Opportunities
- Housing Assistance Payments Contract including Landlord Responsibilities (USHUD 52641 sample form)
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) - Tenant & Landlord Self Inspection List
- Equal Housing Opportunity (HUD 928.1)
- Informal Hearing - Review Request
- Intent to Move - Change of Dwelling Request
- Landlord Certification of Responsibility
- Late Payment Penalty Claim
- Lead Based Paint Disclosure Form
- Lost Check Replacement Form
- Owner Consent Form
- Owner/Agent Change of Address
- Owners Packet - Request for Tenancy Approval
- Owner Self-Certification Form
- Request for Interim Recertification
- Request for Rent Increase
- HCV Family Handbook Briefing Packet
- Request for Replacement Check
- Request for Voucher Extension Form
- RTA Request for Tenancy Approval Revised Nov. 2018
- Tenant Change of Mailing Address Form
Back to Top
Model Lease Agreement
This model lease is recommended for use with rental of all subsidized units. If landlord already has a standard lease in use, he/she can opt to use this lease at renewal. If a different lease is used, it must contain the distribution of utilities (that is, who will be responsible for utility service: gas, electricity, water, etc.).
HCV Inspections Portal (by CVR Associates, Inc.)
Want to learn more about HQS Inspections? Want to lookup for the results of an inspection by inspection-id and unit zip code or by vendor-id and vendor zip code? Please visit:
- HCV Inspections Portal (by CVR Associates, Inc.)
A reasonable accommodation is a change, modification, alteration or adaptation in policy, procedure, practice or program of a housing facility that provides a qualified individual with a disability the opportunity to participate, or benefit from, a housing or non-housing program or activity.
Forms are also available by calling the Miami-Dade Housing Choice Voucher program office at 305-403-3222.
- Read more about Reasonable Accommodation
HAPPY Assistance Estimator
Use the HAPPY rental assistance estimator to see approximately how much rent subsidy your household would receive under the Section 8 Housing Voucher Program. In order to use this calculator, you must know the Voucher Payment Standard and your TTP (30% of your monthly income).
HCV Inspections Portal (by CVR Associates, Inc.)
Use the HCV Inspections Portal to search for the results of an inspection.
Miami-Dade County Tax Visualizer
The Tax Visualizer is an online tool that property owners can use to see how the total amount of taxes levied against an individual property is distributed between various taxing authorities. The Tax Visualizer helps property owners better understand the property tax system by illustrating the tax distribution for an individual property. It also allows property owners to see how their millage (tax) rates compare to those in other taxing jurisdictions.
Landlords can provide the agency with their email addresses to receive information, announcements, and notifications about the Section 8 program in a timely manner. To subscribe to this listing landlords should send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Vendor number*
- Landlord name
- Landlord business name*
- Email address
- Alternative email address*
* If available
To opt out from this listing please reply to this email with the information above and the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. Please notice that under Florida law, email addresses are considered public records and thus subject to disclosure.Back to Top
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.