Infill Housing Developer Requirements
The Infill Housing Program's main goal is to increase the availability of affordable homes for low and moderate-income families. Other goals include:
- Maintain a stock of affordable housing;
- Redeveloping urban neighborhoods by eliminating the blight of vacant, dilapidated or abandoned properties;
- Equitable distributing homeownership opportunities within the Infill Target Areas;
- Generating payment of ad valorem taxes.
Participating developers will be required to build the home in accordance with the Infill Housing Initiative Guidelines .
The Infill Housing Program provides incentives to encourage developers to build affordable housing, including:
- Release of County liens and Citations for Not-For-Profit developers, and participating developers prior to March 17, 2014.
- Deferral of County liens and citations for participating For-Profit developers as of March 17, 2014.
- Refund of impact fees for homes sold to low income buyers (80% or below average median income).
- Building Permit Expedite Process.
- Funding assistance in the form of second mortgages for qualified buyers (subject to availability).
To receive County-owned property, the developer must be in the qualified developer pool that is selected through a Request for Qualification (RFQ) process. Once selected, a developer remains in the pool for five years. The pool is refreshed annually to allow new developers into the pool.
Selection is based, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Proposer’s experience and past performance;
- Proposer’s financial capability;
- Proposer’s approach to meeting time schedule and budgets;
- Proposer’s marketing skills and ability reach eligible households;
- Proposer's Development team, key personnel, and functions;
- Proposer's approach to providing services;
- Proposer's building plans for proposed single family models.
Privately-owned property that is located within the Infill Target Areas and is suitable for the development of affordable single family housing can be entered into the Program by filing an Application for Private Lots with the Infill Housing Program.
Back to Top
RFQ 839: In-fill Housing Developer PoolBack to Top
Closing Processing Fee
$1,000 for the conveyance of each County lot
Application for Private Lots
$100 (will be returned if lot is rejected)
Release of County liens and Citations
$150 (includes recording costs)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.