As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Infill Housing Developer Requirements
The Infill Housing Program's main goal is to increase the availability of affordable homes for very low-, low- and moderate-income families. Other goals include:
- Maintain a stock of affordable housing;
- Redeveloping urban neighborhoods by eliminating the blight of vacant, dilapidated or abandoned properties;
- Generating payment of ad valorem taxes; and,
- Equitable distributing homeownership opportunities within the Urban Infill Target Areas (defined as the unincorporated area of the County located east of (and including) NW and SW 77 Avenue (and its theoretical extensions) including the Palmetto Expressway (SR 826), north of (and including) SW 232 Street as well as the Targeted Urban Area and Empowerment Zones.
Participating developers will be required to build the home in accordance with the Infill Housing Initiative Guidelines and the Amendment to IO 3-44 and the Program provides incentives to developers to build affordable housing. Note: All of the required forms are included in the Program Guidelines; however, several forms are provided below for your convenience:
- Application for Release of County Liens and Citations;
- Deferral or release of County liens and citations for participating Infill developers. The Developer submits the completed application, required documents, and fee(s) 60 days prior to the sale of an eligible home to a qualified first-time homebuyer. After the sale of the Infill home to a qualified first-time homebuyer, and after the Warrantee Deed and buyer’s Restrictive Covenant is recorded, the Department will record the Release of County Liens and Citations. Only qualified County liens and citations may be released.
- Application for Refund of Impact Fees for homes sold to low-income buyers (80% or below average median income);
- Building Permit Government Expedite Process; and,
- Funding assistance in the form of second mortgages for qualified buyers (subject to availability).
- County-owned property
- Construction Loans on County-conveyed lots
- Private property
- Qualified Lenders
- Homeownership Counseling Providers
- ADA/Florida Access Code
- Infill Program Fees
- Developer's Progress Report
- Closing Process
- Rental Application
To receive County-owned property, the developer must be a qualified developer selected through a Request for Proposal (RFP) process. Selection is based, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Proposer’s experience and past performance;
- Proposer's development team, key personnel and functions;
- Proposer's approach to providing services;
- Proposer's building plans for proposed single family models;
- Proposer’s financial capability;
- Proposer’s approach to meeting time schedule and budgets; and
- Proposer’s marketing skills and ability reach eligible households.
Construction Loans on County-conveyed lots
Developers who apply for construction loans shall enter into and record a Tri-Party Agreement on County-conveyed lots.
Public Housing and Community Development Department (PHCD) administers federal and state funded programs designed to develop viable communities by providing decent and affordable housing opportunities, a suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunities for very-low income, low-income and moderate-income families. PHCD expands and strengthens its partnerships amongst the private sector to include for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, in the production and operation of affordable housing in Miami-Dade County by encouraging interested parties to submit applications for constructions loans via its annual request for application process (RFA).
When Infill Housing Developers enter into loan agreements with private or public sector lenders, the Infill Housing Program requires that a Tri-Party Agreement be utilized when placing construction loans on awarded County Infill Program lots. The Tri-Party Agreement is executed when the lender enters into a loan agreement with the Infill Developer, stating the amount of the loan, and other terms, for the purpose of constructing affordable housing in accordance with the County’s Infill Housing Initiative Program.
Privately-owned property that is located within the Infill Target Areas and is suitable for the development of affordable single family housing may be entered into the Program by filing an Application for Infill Private Lots with the Infill Housing Program.
Back to Top
Public Housing and Community Development invites very-low, low- and moderate-income persons who are first-time homebuyers to apply for a mortgage loan subsidy through the County's loan program. Program participation is limited to one time only per family. A maximum 30-year fixed-interest mortgage is available for persons who qualify. You will also be required to obtain a first mortgage from an approved participating lender. See the list of Currently Approved LendersBack to Top
Homeownership Counseling Providers
The eligible household must complete a homeownership training course, through any of the participating homeownership counseling providers , that provides financial management, credit counseling and other related technical services to participating families. This is done for the purpose of financing a single-family home.Back to Top
ADA/Florida Access CodeBack to Top
Infill Program Fees
Program Fee Schedule (Revised February 7, 2017)
Back to Top
Developer's Progress Report
Infill Developer shall provide a report every four months indicating progress in completion of development though sale of home (See Section VIII of the Infill Program Guidelines), Exhibit C - Developer's Progress Report
Back to Top
Prior to closing and following the closing on an eligible home, the Infill Developer shall provide copies of the following documentation, other requested documents, to the Infill Program:
- Certificate of Qualification for the Homebuyer
- Credit Counseling Workshop Certificate
- Sales Contract
- Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
- Provide the Application for Lien Release to PHCD
- Executed “Hold Harmless Affidavit”
- Executed HUD Closing Statement
- Recorded Affordable Housing Restrictive Covenant executed by buyer (see Exhibit I)
- Recorded copy of Warranty Deed transferring title from the Infill Developer to the Qualified Household (see Infill Program Guidelines - Section XIII(A)(4) and said deed shall contain the following language:
Since this home was developed through Miami-Dade County’s Infill Housing Initiative Program, governed by Article VII of the Miami-Dade County Code, this home must remain affordable during the “Control Period.” The Control Period commences with the date of this deed and resets automatically every 20 years for a maximum of 60 years. In the event Grantee wishes to sell or refinance the home during the Control Period, Grantee shall obtain prior written approval from the County. Any such sale, transfer or conveyance, shall only be to a “Qualified Household,” as defined in Section 17-122(n) of the Miami-Dade County Code. However, should Grantee own this home for twenty consecutive years, Grantee shall automatically be released from this restriction. Attached herein is a Restrictive Covenant.
The County may allow Infill Developers to rent eligible homes on a temporary basis if the Infill Developer can demonstrate a good faith effort to sell the eligible home, such as:
- Marketing of the eligible home by listing the home for sale on the multiple listing service;
- Placing a "For Sale" sign on the property; and
- Reducing the original asking price.
See Section XVII of the Infill Housing Guidelines for more detail, see Rental Application
Back to Top
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.