Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Section 3 is a provision of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (USHUD) Act of 1968 that helps foster local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement and individual self-sufficiency.
Section 3 is to ensure that economic opportunities generated by certain HUD funded projects shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal and State laws, be directed to low and very low income persons (Section 3 residents), and to the businesses (Section 3 businesses) that provided economic opportunities to these persons.
How to Qualify
Businesses that employ Section 3 residents full time (30% or more of permanent staff) are eligible to participate in the Section 3 Program.
- A business that is owned (51% or more) by Section 3 residents can qualify to participate as a Section 3 Business.
How to Apply
To apply for Section 3 Business participation:
This application package also includes forms for
- Employee List
- Payroll Report
- Resident Preference Claim
- Resident Household Income Certification
Fill-out the appropriate fields, print out the form, sign and mail to the address on the form. You may also submit the Section 3 Business Application to the Section 3 Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 786-469-4199.Back to Top
Preference in the award of Section 3 covered contracts that are awarded under a sealed process may be provided as follows:
- Bids shall be solicited from all business, Section 3 business concerns (MDPHCD's Section 3 Certified Business and non-Section 3 business concerns).
- If no responsive bid received by a Section 3 business concern the contract shall be awarded to a responsible bidder with the lowest responsive bid.
- If bids received include bidders that are a Section 3 business concern, the contract award shall be made to the qualified Section 3 business concern with the highest priority ranking(*) and with the lowest responsive bid, provided the bid is:
- Within the maximum total contract price established for the specific project for which bids are taken and
- Not more than "X" higher than the total bid price of the lowest responsive bid from any responsible bidder.
(See Section 3 Fact Sheet for details).
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.