At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Group Legal Services
With the Group Legal Services plan, you have unlimited access to attorney consultation through the Telephone Legal Access Firm before potential legal issues become costly. This is an after-tax benefit.
- Are my premiums tax free?
- Participating Attorneys
- What's Not Covered?
- Who are my eligible dependents?
- Plan Provider
Are my premiums tax free?
No. Your premiums will be deducted from your paycheck after taxes have been calculated.
For a list of Eligible Expenses, see your Employee Benefits Handbook(2 MB)
Your After-tax Rates
Level of Coverage / Bi-weekly Premium
Employee Only - $7.29
Employee & One Dependent - $9.34
Employee & Family - $9.61
To view a list of network attorneys and plan benefits, visit ARAG website or call 800-667-4300.Back to Top
What's Not Covered?
- Actions or disputes between you and your employer, or your employer's insurance carrier, unions, plan underwriter and any party when coverage is prohibited by law.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Compensation, Class Actions, Interventions, and Amicus Curiae.
- Matters relating to patents, copyrights or appeal proceedings.
- Duplication of services previously claimed in relation to same matter.
- Probating of estates, title insurance, title search, title abstracting, filing fees, reporter's fees and court costs.
- Services regarding matters resulting from your occupation, including business interests, transactions, pursuits and partnerships.
- Any legal matter which occurs or is initiated prior to your effective date of coverage. This includes the dates for which an infraction occurs, a document is filed with the court or an attorney is hired.
- Preparing, completing, or filing of a federal, state, or local tax return
- Contingency fee cases and similar matters for which a fee is normally allowed by law
- Any action brought in Small Claims Court
- Any legal proceeding in which you are entitled to legal representation or reimbursement for the costs thereof from any source other than this policy or another legal expense policy
- Matters related to structural damage to dwellings, appurtenances and paved surfaces
Who are my eligible dependents?
- Your spouse (unless also an eligible County employee).
- All unmarried dependent children to the end of the calendar year turning 19. Coverage may be extended to the end of the calendar year turning 25 if the unmarried dependent child is a full-time or part time student or residing in the employee's household.
If you elect coverage for yourself and one dependent, the first dependent for whom you file a claim will be considered the only dependent covered under this plan. Changes to the plan, outside of the annual open enrollment period, are allowed only if a corresponding qualifying event is experienced and a timely request is made.
Terminated employees may purchase a conversion policy by directly contacting ARAG.
ARAG is a leading administrator of legal advisory plans and ARAG Insurance Company is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Dec 9, 2015 9:27:50 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.