Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
After a Hurricane
Many disaster-related injuries occur in the aftermath of a hurricane. Here are some steps to protect you and your family.
- Remain inside until local authorities say it is safe to leave. If you must go outside, watch for fallen objects and downed electrical wires.
- Continue to monitor the radio or TV for advice and/or instructions from local government. Call 3-1-1 or visit www.miamidade.gov for information on waste collection services and hurricane debris pickups.
- Inspect your home for damage, assuring that it’s safe to stay there. Check for gas leaks, if applicable.
- Stay out of areas of heavy storm impact; do not sightsee.
- Obey all curfew and emergency orders when issued.
- Do not operate charcoal grills, propane camping stoves or generators indoors. See more tips on generator safety.
- Do not drive or walk through standing water. It may be much deeper than you realize and there may be hidden hazards.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them to FPL.
- Place piles of debris on the right-of-way, away from fences, mailboxes, drains, power lines and low-hanging wires. Do not place debris in vacant lots or in front of commercial properties, nurseries or farmland.
- Be patient and careful. Cleanup after a storm can take time.
- Report lost or damaged garbage or recycling carts for replacement by calling 3-1-1.
- Discard any refrigerated food that you suspect has spoiled.
- Contact your insurance agent. Take pictures of damage. Keep good records of repair and cleaning costs.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.