As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Required reporting of information for the State of Florida.
Counties are authorized by State of Florida to create dependent special districts within the boundary lines of the county, subject to the approval of the Board of County Commissioners.
The state legislature found that special districts serve a necessary and useful function by providing services to residents and property in the state. Special districts operate to serve a public purpose and that this is best secured by certain minimum standards of accountability designed to inform the public and appropriate local general-purpose governments of the status and activities of special districts. It is the intent of the legislature that this public trust be secured by requiring each independent special district in the state to register and report its financial and other activities.
Realizing that special districts are created to serve special purposes, the legislature adopted Chapter 189 so that special districts cooperate and coordinate their activities with the units of general-purpose local government in which they are located.
Dependent Special Districts
- Miami-Dade Fire and Rescue Service District
- Miami-Dade County Library District
- Miami-Dade County Educational Facilities Authority
- Miami-Dade County Health Facilities Authority
- Housing Finance Authority of Miami-Dade County
- Miami-Dade County Industrial Development Authority
- 7th Avenue Corridor Community Redevelopment District
- NW 79th Street Corridor Area
- Naranja Lakes Community Redevelopment Agency
- West Perrine Community Redevelopment Agency
- Vizcaya in Kendall Community Development District
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.