- Provides and coordinates investigative services to medical examiners.
- Provides and maintains case files on each case.
- Coordinates efforts of police, funeral homes, and families.
- Assists in the identification process of unknown remains.
- Locates next of kin if not known.
- Assists in obtaining cremation approval for deaths that occur in the Medical Examiner’s jurisdiction.
- Make referrals for final disposition of human remains to families when necessary.
- The bureau is operational seven days a week including all holidays.
- To determine if deaths come under the medical examiner law (Florida Statute 406)
- Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics - Vital Records Registration Handbook
- Release Form
The Investigations Bureau supervisor, Sharmaine Tyler-Luke, can be reached by contacting 305-545-2404 or by email to Sharmaine Tyler-Luke for further information.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.